Here is a sample of tax accountant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a tax accountant.
The tax accountant performs tasks such as tax planning and filing tax returns. With the objective of tax savings and seeking the minimum tax liability, a large portion of the time spent by a tax accountant is doing tax research. They also analyze budgets and gather other financial information in order to provide the best tax consultation. Many taxpayers believe filing taxes is a time consuming, boring and complex chore. Tax accountants can be the perfect option. However, even with all of these resources filing ones own taxes is still not always that easy.
For the individual or business that desires to pay as little taxes as possible, a tax accountant can make that possible by offering you expert tax advice and detailed tax planning. You may need a tax accountant if you started doing your own taxes and got stressed, confused or found the process consumed too much time. If you have a tax problem, such as filing back taxes, a tax debt, or an IRS audit a tax accountant can be the remedy to your problems. If you have a complicated or complex tax situation that requires expert tax advice or tips, you live outside the United States, have investments in stocks or bonds, own rental property, or run a business you may find that you will benefit greatly from the services of a tax accountant.
Key Skills of a Tax Accountant
- Excellent IT and maths skills
- The ability to interpret and clearly explain complex issues
- The ability to conduct and accurately interpret research
- Negotiation skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness
Tаx Accountant Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Analytical professional offering extensive experience as Tax Accountant in support of a public accounting firm. Expertise in general accounting, financial planning, financial reporting, payroll, sales, property tax preparation and income tax preparation. Accomplished in development of key method for organisations to strengthen financial performance, improve controls and mitigate tax liabilities.
- Tax Preparation
- Compilation & review
- Tax Planning
- Tax Migration
- Tax Mitigation Strategies
- Tax Law Analysis
- Property Tax returns
- Payroll Tax
- Tax Planning
- Sales & use tax Returns
XYZ ACCOUNTANCY INC, Lewiston, ID (20xx – Present)
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
- Prepare over 80 income tax returns for individuals and small businesses by quickly learning CCH ProFx software.
- Produce accurate and reliable tax returns from simple to complex by utilising analytical and mathematical skills.
- Perform review of tax returns of discrepancies and incomplete information by comparing and analyzing client’s prior and current year’s tax returns using attention to detal and problem solving skills.
- Collaborate effort with partners, manager and staffs to personally process over 300 extension requests in five days.
- Proficient in time management skills by completing all work on time within a tight time frame.
- Simultaneously jug several tax returns by prioritising and using multitasking skills in a fast paced environment.
- Communicate orally and written; keep partners inform of the progress on client’s return and resolve any issues.
XYZ ACCOUNTANCY INC, Lewiston, ID (20xx – 20xx)
SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
- Assisted client with all phase of bookkeeping and accounting, filed state sales and uses tax and payroll tax returns.
- Prepared Federal and New York state tax returns, estimate and extensions for individuals, partnership, S-corporation, C-corporation. Communicate clearly with clients during all phases of the tax return process.
- Assisted the partner/tax manager in meeting internal and external deadlines and request.
- Researched tax issues for special project under the supervision of the partner/tax manager
- Trained new employees on Lacerte software and strategies for optimal client tax saving
- Demonstrated a strong соmmitmеnt tо deadlines; assist co-workers аnd wоrk еxtrа hоurѕ when nееdеd.
- Ensured accuracy and completeness of write-ups and monthly bank reconciliation
ABC STATE UNIVERSITY, Lewiston, ID, 19xx – 20xx
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Concentration in Accounting
REFERENCES – Available on Request
***This is only the Tax Accountant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Staff Accountant Cover Letter Sample
- Engaging Accountant Resume Sample
- Professional Accountant Resume Example