Here is a sample of engaging math teacher resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a maths teacher, fresher maths teacher, and mathematics teacher.
Mathematics teacher has to come up with the right methods of making students understand the different chapters and logics. Mathematics can be a complex subject because a lot of people may fail to grab the details. Thus, it is the duty of a teacher to ensure that all students can assimilate the concept and then solve the sums.
Mathematics teachers plan, assess, and assign lessons; manage and grade tests; maintain classroom discipline, and listen to verbal presentations. They observe and evaluate the performance of each student and use assessment methods to judge overall progress. Some other typical duties of a math teacher include engaging students in discussions, compiling notes and providing coherent lectures, tutoring students in group settings and individually, collecting specialized materials for homework, and using proper learning strategies.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Math Teacher Resume
A mathematics teacher must have the following skills.
- Should be proficient in mathematics.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Should have good analytical capabilities such that they can solve the problems in a better way.
- Must be skilled in the department of teaching.
- Need to be patient and understanding.
- Should have the ability to motivate and inspire the students.
Math Teacher Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Licensed Math teacher equipped with skills and expertise in math principles and applications seeking to advance my career and contribute to the development of students in solving and communicating mathematical ideas. Proven ability to create trusting, cooperative environment that fosters academic, social, and emotional growth. Skilled in the design of challenging, enriching, and innovative activities that engage students and address their diverse interests and needs. Recognized for excellent interpersonal, organizational, and classroom management skills.
- Efficient lesson plans
- Strong organizational skills
- Superb classroom management skills
- Solid background in math principles and practices
- Deep understanding of probability and statistics
- Excellent Mathematical skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to motivate students
- Excellent research skills
- Advanced algebra and trigonometry skills
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Work with administrators and instructional teams.
- Participate as an active member of other faculty and staff.
- Manage classroom and supervise proper care of equipment used.
- Diagnose and analyze student progress.
- Utilize a variety of instructional techniques to meet the individual needs of students.
- Maintain contact with parents through parent-teacher conferences.
- Help students in developing their critical-thinking abilities.
- Explain students the different mathematical concepts.
- Utilize assessment tools to weigh up the overall progress of the student.
- Demonstrate numeric functions and equations to students.
- Guide students in deriving new formulas.
- Conduct mathematical programs to enhance student’s skills.
- Prepare grading examinations to evaluate learning of students.
- Utilize various teaching strategies to help students develop their thinking abilities.
- Prepare lesson plans in accordance with the school guidelines.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto 2007 – 2014
- Applied the different concepts of math in classroom activities to solicit participation from students.
- Assigned homework and projects to students where the concepts of Mathematics will be utilized.
- Grouped students according to the number of students present and give math problems to be solved under time constraints.
- Prepared lesson plans and assignments.
- Conducted classroom contests to test students’ impromptu numerical abilities.
- Taught Math and Physics and statistics to second-year high school students.
- Recorded students’ performance and grades using Spreadsheet.
- Taught students to compute figures using the Excel.
- Evaluated student progress every semester.
- Explained math concepts and principles to students.
Master’s in Education, 2004
University: American University, Washington, DC
BS in Mathematics, 2007
University of Ohio Ohio
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the Math teacher resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Math Teacher Job Description Sample
- Elementary Teacher Job Description Sample
- School Teacher Job Description Sample