Video Editor Resume Sample and Required Skills
The job of a video editor includes video editing and formatting. He arranges scene after scene and creates a film or video. When the shooting is complete, the content has to be arranged according to the story. This is a tough task which is done by the video editor. It is the final step in the video making process. The editor has to understand the story, the mind of the director and the arrange shots to convey the theme accurately.
This is a highly technical area. Besides having technical knowledge, the editor must have creative knowledge. If he lacks the creative eye, he will fail to arrange beautiful shots. The editor has to work on the computer. He uses software to arrange the shots properly. He also uses many editing equipment to help him arranging video and present it one format.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Video Editor Resume
- The video editor should be excellent in handling editing software
- Must have a meticulous approach towards his work.
- Must be able to work in deadline.
- Ability to present videos beautifully. He should possess creative knowledge.
- Ability to focus and concentration power is needed in the editor.
- Video editors are knowledgeable about the methods, video equipment, personal computers, and techniques used in the video editing field.
- Video editors know the uses, operations, and limitations of videotape editing systems and related equipment.
- Video editors have the ability to effectively communicate ideas orally and in writing.
- Video editors are able to visualize production scripts and other verbal or written instructions.
- Video editors effectively operate and maintain video editing systems and related equipment.
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
To combine my technical expertise with creative horizons and successfully edit videos and movies in order to help complete movies and bring them to the viewers in an effective way.
- Final Cut 7
- After Effects
- XDCAM & PT card Workflow & management
- FTP Uploading & Management
- Logging & digitizing
- Compression and Codecs
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto 2015 – Present
- Responsibilities included: Receiving a brief, and sometimes an outline of footage or a shot list, or screenplay, assembling all raw footage with the camera shots either recorded or manually transferred onto high-format video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer, inputting uncut rushes and sound, synchronizing and storing them into files on computer.
- Also responsible for: Digitally cutting the files in order to determine the sequence of a film and determining what parts are usable, creating a ‘rough cut’ of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages and re-ordering and tweaking the content in order to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the video.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto 2007 – 2014
- Oversaw the quality and progress of audio and vision engineering and editing, consulted with the director, producer and client throughout the post-production process, experimented with styles and techniques, selected the most effective shot of a scene in terms of drama, story relevance or continuity.
- Other responsibilities included: Assembling the final video production sequence, consisting of shots taken from the raw camera footage, contacting directly producers and graphic artists to assemble video content for national and local television distribution, providing non-linear video editing, image manipulation, and color correction of all assigned productions.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Media Production, 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the video editor resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured image: Designed by Freepik