Construction Worker Resume Sample and Required Skills
Construction Worker Resume Sample – Construction Worker with hands-on experience in all facets of residential and commercial construction, including remodeling and renovations. Skilled in using hand tools, power tools, and heavy machinery to complete construction projects according to client specifications and meeting code requirements. Successful in completing difficult projects on schedule with consistent follow through on all instructions. Seeking to secure a construction laborer position with a construction company focused on creating high quality residential structures.
Some Responsibilities That Construction Workers Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Clear construction sites of debris and trash
- Comb construction area and remove hazardous materials
- Shovel asphalt onto the construction site
- Operate machinery to break up concrete
- Place cement in designated areas
- Position and align structural components in accordance to provided instructions
- Mix and pour concrete on the job site
- Smooth out newly poured concrete using a variety of finishing tools
- Apply caulking components by using caulking guns
- Control nearby traffic by erecting traffic signals and diverting traffic by hand signals
- Dig trenches and level earth in accordance to specifications
- Erect, disassemble and repair scaffolding and temporary structures
- Install sewer pipes, electricity wiring and drain pipes
- Mix ingredients for cleaning and covering surfaces
- Handle construction materials onsite and in storage
- Drive trucks to transport materials to and from construction sites
- Assist in loading and unloading delivery trucks
- Haul and hoist material to ensure appropriate delivery to construction site
- Clean up spills and oil and grease hoists
- Operate cranes, pneumatic hammers and tampers
- Manage operation and maintenance of saws, drills, grinders and blowtorches
- Install floors and shingles
- Build, repair and maintain walls, doors and framework
- Construct wall units and base cabinets
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on tools and equipment
Construction Worker Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
An intelligent, physically strong and hardworking individual who is capable of performing heavy manual construction work for extended periods, and under adverse weather conditions. Karen has experience of welding, bricklaying, carpentry, plumbing, painting, roofing, flooring, tiling and scaffold erecting. In her career she has worked on Highway construction projects, tunnel excavation, residential construction, House building and demolition projects. She takes great pride in her work, and is able to show initiative and common sense in anything that she does. Possessing superb mental abilities means that she is able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that not only has a reputation for high standards, but is also a great place to work, earn and learn.
- Residential and Commercial Construction
- Blueprint and Schematic Interpretation
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Inventory Management
- Safety Management
- Site Maintenance
KK Contractors Denton, TX (2016 – Present)
- Work in coordination with other workers in government repairs and upgrades.
- Verify and monitor the smooth flow of work processes according to construction engineer’s instructions.
- Follow instructions received from the supervisor/engineer to the letter.
- Unload heavy construction materials from trucks at the work site.
- Keep the work area clean from trash and dirt.
- Adhere to all safety standards necessary, especially while working at great heights.
- Assist in transferring equipment from one job site to another.
Certification in welding equipment
High School Diploma
***This is only the construction worker resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?