Electrician Resume Sample and Required Skills
Electrician Resume Sample – Electricians install wires, fuses and several other electrical components in houses, offices and factories. In some instances, they also install voice, data and video wiring depending on their individual work settings. There are electricians who work in commercial buildings where their work is more complex than that which they may handle in a house. The work of an electrician is high risk they are constantly in danger of attaining burns and shocks. This is why they need to be properly trained before they take up their first electrical project. You do not need to possess a formal degree to work as an electrician a high school diploma or GED is sufficient but you do need to be trained in your work.
Job Duties That Electricians Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
Electricians typically do the following:
- Read blueprints or technical diagrams before doing work
- Install and maintain wiring and lighting systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Follow state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment.
- Deductive Reasoning: Electrical technicians need to be able to look for problems in complicated electrical grids, isolate the issue and solve it.
- Logic: Electrical techs need to be able to look at electrical blueprints and scan them for issues, making sure that they work before installed.
- Manual Dexterity: Working with wires, using hand tools and handling small components requires manual dexterity.
- Math: Math is needed to analyze and create schematics.
- Observation: Electrical technicians need to be able to look at electrical grids and evaluate them for any problems, to make sure they are being installed correctly.
- Problem-Solving: Electrical techs need to be able to identify issues and make corrective measures to fix problems with electrical components.
Electrician Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Detail-oriented electrician with 8+ years’ extensive experience in all aspects of electrical arena. Efficient in multi-voltage lighting, appliances installation and equipment testing. Substantial knowledge of industrial control circuit management and power distribution. Recognized for consistently increasing customer satisfaction by providing accurate solutions.
- Electrical Systems & Controls
- Installations & Maintenance
- Electromechanical Repairs
- Blueprints & Schematics
- Generators & Transformers
- Switches & Circuit Breakers
- Electrical Code
- Safety & QA
- Wiring Diagrams
- Testing Instruments
- Motors & Conduit
AES CORPORATION, Aberdeen, SD (8/2015 to Present)
- Develop thorough understanding of contract plans and specifications including one-line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules and ladder/loop diagrams.
- Install and repair electrical systems, wiring, fixtures, motors per plans.
- Supervise and assign work to helpers.
- Diagnose problems, check current leakages and work with varied voltages to fulfill client’s power source demands.
- Follow workplace safety guidelines while maintaining a safe and clean work area.
- Install relays, switches, circuit breaker panels and grounding leads.
- Test continuity of start-up systems and circuits using ohmmeter and oscilloscope.
- Handle terminations in keeping with color codes.
- Take necessary corrective actions to eliminate safety risks.
- Inspect helper’s work for compliance with plans.
- Cut and install electrical conduits utilizing proper hand and power tools.
- Twist and solder wires together and apply terminal caps.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Certified GA Electrician
Marietta Public School, Marietta, GA | 2005
High School Diploma
***This is only the Electrician resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon
Want more samples?