Here is a sample of phlebotomist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a phlebotomist.
As a phlebotomist, it is your primary responsibility to extract blood from a certain patient, determine the blood samples, store them and also deliver the blood samples taken to the laboratories. Take into consideration that bigger medical institutions pay more than those who are involved in private practices. Furthermore, there are always opportunities for advancement for every phlebotomist in order to qualify for increase in salary. Phlebotomists can become an authorized donor phlebotomy technicians that will allow them to be employed in blood banks.
Types of Medical Careers
- Phlebotomists in Hospitals
- Phlebotomists in Clinics
- Phlebotomists in Laboratories
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Good Phlebotomist Resume
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Empathy, with the ability to put nervous and distressed patients at ease.
- Practical skills and a steady hand.
- The ability to follow instructions and procedures accurately.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure.
Phlebotomist Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Highly experienced and dedicated Phlebotomist with comprehensive expertise in venipuncture techniques. Strive to cultivate a safe and comfortable environment for patients and provides consistently superior care with a personal touch. Displays dedication and determination in all endeavours with diligent attention to detail of optimal end results.
- Venipuncture & Capillary Puncture
- Blood Collection & Handling Safety
- Medical Records Review
- Blood Specimen Storage
- Patient & Donor Care
- Quality Assurance & Controls
ABC HOSPITAL, NEW YORK, NY (20xx – Present)
- Obtain Blood samples for medical testing and transfusion through venipuncture or capillary puncture
- Follow infection-control and safety procedure in carrying out daily phlebotomy functions.
- Prepare blood-collecting equipment, draw blood and safely store and transport samples.
- Build trust and minimize patient discomfort during phlebotomy procedure while efficiency collecting blood specimens. Demonstrate
- commitment to the partners-in-Caring process by integrating culture in all internal and external customer interaction.
ABC HOSPITAL, NEW YORK, NY (20xx – 20xx)
- Performed phlebotomy functions within blood donor center as well as mobile blood-bank units.
- Eased donors’ stress and made the experience as comfortable as possible, which attracted a steady stream of repeat donors.
- Honoured as a member of mobile team that collected 25,000+ unit of lifesaving blood, setting a new record for DEF organisation.
- Explained all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtain necessary signatures.
Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Science, June 1995
- Graduated cum Laude
- Volunteered for student AIDS testing on World AIDS Day
REFERENCE – Available on request
***This is only the Phlebotomist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search