Here is a sample of assistant manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an assistant manager, assistant manager restaurant, and assistant general manager.
An assistant manager assists the manager in various operations of an organization. He should have good leadership and planning skills. A manager is a person who manages certain things, or people. It is not an easy job by any means just for anyone to embark on. An assistant managerial position also requires managerial background and skills, just like managers. Also, they are the ones who delegate the duties and responsibilities to team members. There are various types of assistant managers’ depending on the type of company you are working with. But one thing is for sure, to be an effective assistant manager you need to have good leadership and excellent people skills. As an assistant manager, you are in charged with hiring and training employees, keeping record about the business transactions and budget is also part of the job.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An Assistant Manager Resume
- Staying attentive: Always be attentive to your employees’ by motivating them to succeed and improve. Even if business is slow, keep your staff in high spirits and be as helpful as possible to customers and client
- Recruiting and training: Assistant managers are usually the ones responsible for recruiting and interviewing quality people to staff your location, as well as making sure these new employees transition as smoothly as possibly into their jobs. You should be a good teacher who tries to help employees who are having difficulty picking up new skills.
- Being friendly and outgoing: Not only will you interact with your employees’ every day, but you will also need to assist customers when they have questions, concerns or complaints. Put on a happy face and address these issues in a professional manner.
- Leadership Skills: The ability to lead effectively is based on a number of key skills. These skills are highly sought after by employers as they involve dealing with people in such a way as to motivate, enthuse and build respect.
Assistant Manager Resume Sample
Address / Contact Info
Quality focused Assistant Manager adept at providing employees clear guidelines and targeted goals. Practiced in customer relations, sales and inventory control. Demonstrated skills in improving store operations, increasing top line sales and reducing costs.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Sales professional
- Motivational leader
- Flexible schedule
- Accurate money handling
- Retail inv0entory management
- Operational improvement
- Store opening and closing procedure
Top Billing Boutique (May 2011 to current)
- Train staff to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Write order supply request to replenish merchandise.
- Maintain daily records of all transactions and generate reports for store manager.
- Analyse marketing information and translated it into strategic plans for customer growth.
- Reward top performance with visible recognition and strategic perks like preferred scheduling.
- Motivate sales employees to improve morale, performance and store revenue.
Fletcher’s (2008 – 2011)
- Recognised the sales floor to meet company demands
- Handled weekly schedules according to payroll policies
- Address customer inquiries and resolve complaints.
- Assisted with recruitment and training of new staffs.
- Completed series of training sessions to advance from assistant manager to Store Manager before location closed.
- Develop and implemented social media marketing to publicize sales and improve revenue.
Zembera’s Men’s Clothing (2005 – 2008)
- Determined staff promotions, demotions and terminated employees when necessary.
- Promoted to management after only seven month of employment, due to exceptional performance.
- Delivered excellent customer service by greeting and assisting each other customer.
- Directed and supervised employees engaged in sales, inventory-taking and reconciling cash receipt.
- Stocked and restocked inventory when shipments were received.
Nuneaton University (2001 – 2005)
BA (Hons) Restaurant Manager
Association of Project Management (APM) or Project Management Institution (PMI)
REFERENCES – Available on Request
***This is only the assistant manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples? See below.