Here is a sample of certified public accountant (CPA) resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a financial accountant.
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a professional individual who works on their own or is a part of an accounting firm. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is generally in charge of monitoring and keeping track of the financial records of an individual or business. Each year millions of Americans wonder if they should hire an certified public accountant (CPA). Why hire a CPA is a question that many individuals ask themselves.
There are many individuals and business owners who are not organized. Being unorganized can make it virtually impossible for an individual or business owner to accurately keep track of all of their finances. This is why many individuals make the decision to hire a certified public accountant (CPA). Another reason why many individuals or business owners may hire a certified public accountant (CPA) is because they do not have enough time to keep track of financial records on their own. Another reason is because the majority of certified public accountants (CPAs) are trained and experienced professionals. To become a certified public accountant (CPA) individuals need to meet certain requirements that are imposed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). These qualifications typically include around one hundred and fifty college hours that are applied towards an accounting program. A certified public accountant (CPA) also is required to pass a CPA exam that is developed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). There are some states that require an individual be certified or have a particular amount of work experience before operating an accounting business; however, not all states have these requirements. With all of the training and experience that a certified public account must have it is evident that they are more experienced in the flied of accounting. Although it is not guaranteed a certified public accountant (CPA) is likely to produce better results than a traditional accountant.
Some Responsibilities of Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Management and leadership strength
- Public speaking competence
- Up-to-date tax knowledge
- Business expertise
- Systems abilities
- Communication mastery
- Additional auditing training
CPA Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Seeking an Accountant position in a team environment where I can utilize my analytical abilities to work on a variety of complex challenging project. Superior analytical skills, practiced at drilling down to transact/workflow details in support of process improvement. Excellent communicator skills, fluent in Spanish, French and Creole.
- Budgeting & Planning
- Project Management
- Inventory Management
- Financial Analysis
- Team Leadership & Collaboration
- Trend Analysis
- Standard Cost Analysis
- Variance Analysis
- Inventory Management#
- Strategic Financial Planning
XXX ASSOCIATES, P.C. BROWNSTOWN, MI (20xx – Present)
Responsible for all aspect of tax engagements including tax planning, profitability forecasting and preparation of individual, partnership and corporate tax returns.
- Perform monthly and quarterly payroll and financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain noteworthy client relationship through effective communication and interpersonal skills by doubling revenues from last year
- Handle month-end closing work, including entering accounting transaction into ledger along with reconciliation and accruals.
ABC ASSOCIATES, P.C. BROWNSTOWN, MI (20xx – 20xx)
Local CPA firm serving various industries including manufacturing, professional services and non-profit with client portfolio ranging from $1 to $100 million in revenues.
- Corresponded with various governmental and state authorities on client/IRS issues.
- Worked on various financial statement audits, reviews and compilations.
- Performed day-to-day activities as a lead Auditor and completed all phases of a non-profit engagement by exceeding client needs and experience.
- Reviewed and proofread draft auditor reports to exceed partner’s expectations.
- Generated, prepared and reviewed general ledger entries, including account analysis and general ledger reconciliation.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn, Dearbon, MI (20xx – 20xx)
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems
CPA License Michigan Board of Accountancy (20xx)
REFERENCES – Available on Request
***This is only the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?