Here is a sample of accountant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a senior accountant, junior accountant, and accountant assistant.
An accounting job is such that it is not affected even by the recession. Every company has an accounts section. The big multi national companies have an entire department dedicated to accounts while the smaller companies have a fewer number of accountants. But no matter what the size of the company, accounts play a very important role in deciding the success or failure of the company. Every company requires an able accountant who will be in charge of their finances and ensure that the company runs smoothly without any hitches.The responsibilities of an accountant include maintaining the company’s financial records, ensuring that the taxes are properly taken care of and that the public records are carefully updated. The reason for the demand of these jobs is that they play a critical role in the efficient functioning of a company. Accountants make sure that the financial planning of a business and its running is smooth and does not affect the company’s performance. Accounting Jobs are available in the CA firms, Industries, event management firms or educational institutions and other organizations. CA firms have many vacancies for managing the large accounts and taxing services. Vacancies keep on increasing as more and more number of people are taking guidance from Charted Accountants to mange their personal as well as professional accounts.
Accounting jobs vary, depending on the required specialization and role. The majority of accountants will undertake similar job duties and roles, like financial reporting and planning and budgeting. Also, they will advise management, clients or governments. Usually, the type of available audit and accounting jobs depends on your location and the duties you have to perform. These are some of the job types available.
- Public accountants
- A government accountant
- Internal auditors
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An Accountant Resume
- Communication skills
- Leadership abilities
- Customer service orientation
- Strategic leaders
- Articulating the accounts
Accountant Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Strategic and analytical accounting professional with 12 years of success in accounting reporting, analysis and project management. Consistently meets deadlines, resolves discrepancies and increases company revenue. Highly skilled at maximizing productivity through detailed analysis and process improvement.
- Analytical skills
- Financial modeling
- Regulatory Reporting
- Superior research skills
- Statement Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Variance Analysis
- Complex Problem Solving
- Detailed –Oriented
- Accurate Forecasting
ABC INC, NEW YORK, NY, USA (2009 – Present)
- Revise and streamline inefficient work procedure with automation software.
- Educate management on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Align all financial activity with the regulations of the GAAP.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies in monthly bank accounts while under tight deadlines.
- Reduce closing time for monthly and quarterly close by 30% by implementing new consolidation procedures.
XYZ INC, NEW YORK, NY, USA (20xx – 20xx)
- Thoroughly reviewed account statement and tax audits to correct any discrepancies.
- Tracked all spending against approved requests.
- Decreased error by 50% and reduces entry input time by 25%.
- Analyzed costs and revenues to project future trends.
- Supplied detailed tax documentation needed to submit accurate corporate returns.
ABC INC, NEW YORK, NY, USA (20xx – 20xx)
- Assisted with quarterly audit preparation and closing reports.
- Reviewed all tax return prepare by individual restaurants before approval.
- Coordinated with senior accountant to analyze fixed asset additions retirements.
UNIVERSITY OF ST. LOUIS (20xx – 20xx)
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
REFERENCES – Available On Request
***This is only the Accountant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Senior Accountant Cover Letter Sample
- Staff Accountant Cover Letter Sample
- Interesting Tax Accountant Resume Sample