A targeted resume is one which is specifically designed to be used to support one job application to a particular employer. Therefore it has to focus on the qualifications, experience, skills and other qualities which will be required for that exact role. It is therefore essential to think carefully how to match your attributes to what the employer is seeking. An example of a targeted resume is shown below.
SHIRLEY HOLLINGRAKE R.N.
28 Cranston Close, Reigate RH2 4BJ, England
Tel. 01738 468611 email@example.com
Evaluation – Review – Teaching – Nursing – Laboratory work
A skilled practitioner in healthcare with knowledge of related disciplines and an MSc. in Clinical Nursing from Kings College, London. Excellent communication ability with a kind, thoughtful and supportive bedside manner.
Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery (2010)
Kings College London, Clinical Nursing MSc.
Nursing Studies (for qualified healthcare professionals) BSc. (2005)
- Recipient of the RCNi award for leadership, (2014)
Academic achievement and service to the profession
- Certified to practice throughout the United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland
St George’s Hospital, Blackhorse Road (Oct 2010 – Present)
London SW19 0TJ
- Educating and caring for both patients and family members regarding wellness, early recovery and disease prevention
- Observing and recording patients’ behavior
- Diagnosing diseases by analysis of symptoms and taking the required actions for recovery
- Directing and supervising LPNs and CNAs
- Checking stocking levels to maintain inventory requirements
- Maintaining hygienic and safe working environments
- Conducting research for improving medical practices and advance healthcare knowledge