Sales Associate Resume Sample and Required Skills
Sales Associate Resume Sample – A sales associate is responsible for activities regarding sales of the company. They tend to costumers and find new clients as well. Thus, people who are applying for this position should definitely have good communication and public relation skills and these are among the many qualifications that most companies are looking for in applicants. They must also know how to develop and make presentations for products that the company sells; promotional materials and action plans for sales should also be planned by these people.
A successful sales associate is a customer service representative that places the customer into a product that will benefit the customer not necessarily the one with the most profit. The most successful sales associate representatives are the ones who are truly concerned with the customer needs and try to overcome whatever kind of problem the customer brought up before even trying to show them a product. They develop relationships so that these customers come back to them in the future. When a customer sees that your only concern is taking care of them and making sure that they feel like the most important person in the store, they want to come back specifically to that representative that treated them that way; and as they come back they will want to purchase items and will most likely go with whatever price that is shown to them because they trust that sales associate.
Key Skills Should be Considered While Writing a Sales Associate Resume
- Personal Mastery Skills
- Sales Skills
- Relationship Building
- Store Services Knowledge
- Knowledge of Products and Services
- Communications and Customer Service Skills, Greeting Customers,Verbal Communication, Written Communication and Customer Assistance
- Good money handling Skills
- Position-Based Sales Associate Skills
Sales Associate Resume Sample
111 South Court, Sacramento, CA 00000, Tel: (000) 000-000
Motivated Sales Associate with 5+ years sales experience. Independent worker with high energy and great communication skills. Reliable and friendly professional able to work with little oversight and collaborate in team environments.
- Product knowledge
- Able to stand for long period
- Order processing
- Expert in shrink control
- Motivated seller
- Persuaded communicator
XYZ Coat Factory – New City land, CA (2008 – Present)
- Maintain Constant presence on sales floor to address customer needs.
- Approach browsing customers and initiates conversation to determine buying preference.
- Recommend appropriate item and direct or lead customers to selections.
- Assist customers with trying on items, finding appropriate size and completing purchase.
- Inquire about buying experience, item preference and further purchase.
- Sign u customers up for marketing list and inform of upcoming promotions or customers events.
ABC DEPOT– New City land, CA (2006 – 2008)
- Proactively sought out customers to assist across sales floor.
- Enthusiastically conversed with customers about purchases need and available product
- Escorted customers to products, answered questions about uses, and made sure all questions were answered and no additional help was needed.
- Prepared for promotions by rearranging stock, adding signage, and re-tagging merchandise. Awarded employee of the Year or month if any.
BCD BEAUTY SUPPLY – New City land, CA (2004 – 2006)
- Consulted with customers on beauty care needs and made product recommendations.
- Followed latest trends in order to provide up-to-date information to customers.
- Processed customer’s payment by cash, check and credit card.
- Suggested additional items and skin care routines to boast sales and increase customer satisfaction.
- Provided information regarding store policies, product manufacturers and popular items.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, NEW CITY LAND, CA
Bachelor of General Business Management, 2004.
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the sales associate resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.