Here is a sample of welder resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
Welders fabricate and assemble metal structures and equipment through the use of welders, cutters, shapers and measuring tools. Welders produce metal products according to customer or employer specifications. They use multiple welding machines to repair and maintain metal equipment and structures of various sizes. Welders read and interpret diagrams, sketches and blueprints to determine operations, required materials and time frames for projects. Welders set up, operate and maintain welding equipment. They understand and implement personal and company safety measures by wearing specialized goggles, helmets and gloves. Communication skills are essential to work with team members and converse with customers and clients.
Job Duties of Welder
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
A Sample of Welder Resume
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
- To obtain employment as a Welder at Echo Construction utilizing 2+ years’ hands-on experience in welding to work contribute effectively to the company’s development projects.
- To work as a Welder for Collins and Collins bringing a successful track record in safe welding practices along with extensive experience in welding different materials using an array of tools and equipment.
- Looking for a Welder position at Construction Galore where excellent skills in welding and weld finishing operations will be fully utilized to provide clients with excellence in welding solutions.
- Seeking a Welder position at the Core Tech Construction Company utilizing fineness in working on construction projects and employing hands-on experience related to welding procedures. In-depth knowledge of welding methods and symbols, and safety practices.
- Desire a Welder position at Product Enhancers. Offering excellence in working in the development arena along with excellence in performing welding work.
- Diagrams interpretation
- Template development
- Metal shaping
- Cutting & Soldering
- Mathematical calculations
ROBINS & MORTON, Nampa, ID (5/2015 to Present)
- Consult job orders to comprehend assigned welding work.
- Layout and position parts and assemblies in accordance with specifications.
- Weld components and assemblies using welding equipment and tools.
- Cut pieces in accordance with work orders using powered saws and chipping knives.
- Create heat to bond metals by using electrical currents.
- Repair workpieces by dismantling, reshaping, straightening and reassembling parts.
- Melt lead bars and wires and add lead to joints to mold them into reusable forms.
- Use hammers to correct bulges in metal workpieces.
- Handle metal reshaping, straightening, and bending machines.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment to assist in performing welding work.
- Repair improperly welded pieces and fabricate new parts.
- Removed 105 rough spots from a 10×10 workpiece within the given deadline of 2 hours
- Developed 158 templates for common welding projects, making regular welding work time-efficient
- Conducted 18 workshops aimed at training apprentices in the use of thermal cutting equipment.
CITY COMMUNITY SCHOOL, Nampa, ID (2012)
High School Diploma
***This is only the welder resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
You may also interested in construction worker resume.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search