Sales Assistant Resume Sample and Required Skills
Sales Assistant Resume Sample – Sales assistants can be found in a variety of retail venues and locations, from small retail stores on a High Street to large superstores in shopping malls. The job requires a high level of customer interaction, meaning sales assistants should have good customer facing and communication skills.
On this page we will give you the job description of a sales assistant, including their responsibilities, hours of work and typical workplace environment. The typical role is not as straight forward as it seems, apart from selling, shop floor assistants are also responsible for the stocking and ordering of merchandise and the related administrative duties.
Some Responsibilities That Sales Assistant Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain a fully stocked store
- Ascertain customers’ needs and wants
- Recommend and display items that match customer needs
- Welcome and greet customers
- Manage point-of-sale processes
- Actively involved in the receiving of new shipments
- Keep up to date with product information
- Accurately describes product features and benefits
- Follow all companies policies and procedures
THE PERSONAL SKILLS THAT ARE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, sports equipment etc.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Sales Assistant Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Looking for a Sales Assistant position at xxxx bringing hands-on experience in sales along with strong work ethics to provide customers with a perfect shopping experience
- Worked as a Sales Assistant for over 1 year
- Exceptionally well versed in providing enthusiastic and knowledgeable sales guidance to customers
- Hands on experience in reviewing expired accounts and communicating with customers regarding timely payments
- Special talent for processing sales reports
- Provided progressive retail sales support upping sales by 20% in one year.
- Orchestrated smooth flow of sales operations by introducing “Sales as an Art” training sessions.
SALES ASSISTANT SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Data Entry Skills, Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Understanding the Customer, Customer Focus, Informing Others, Self-Development, Attention to Detail, Professionalism, Microsoft Office Skills, Teamwork.
ABCD Staffing Management, NYA (2008 – Present)
Registered Sales Assistant
- Interacted with clients in all sales stages.
- Assisted customers in locating merchandise.
- Offered advice to buyers Suggested gifts, gently encouraged purchases.
- Answered a variety of questions concerning merchandise availability, special deals, features and use Explained/demonstrated the use/benefits of merchandise.
- Arranged orders and delivery Filled out specific forms to process transactions and special orders.
- Communicated with vendors and received deliveries from suppliers.
- Monitored inventory periodically, maintained stock and showcased merchandise Kept merchandise updated and neat in display areas.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
AZSWE College, NY (2006 – 2007)
Certificate, Marketing, and Sales
REFERENCES – Available on request
***This is only the sales assistant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.