Here is a sample of program manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a program manager, education program manager, and technical program manager.
The program manager is responsible, on behalf of the Senior Responsible Owner (SRO), for delivering change. The role requires effective co-ordination of the programmer’s projects and management of their inter-dependencies including oversight of any risks and issues arising. It also includes the co-ordination of the new capability for the business to enable effective change and realization of projected benefits.
In most cases, the programmer manager will work full-time on the programmer. The role is crucial for creating and maintaining focus, enthusiasm and momentum. A good understanding of how to apply the Managing Successful Programmers (MSP)(external link opens in a new window / tab) method is a key attribute.
Some Responsibilities that Program Managers Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Assume responsibility for the program’s people and vendors
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for program directors
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software (Basecamp, MS Project etc.) is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Program Manager Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
A focused and very competent IT Program Manager who has extensive experience of projects in multiple technologies, functions and industries. Karen possesses deep knowledge of the IT industry, and has a proven ability to lead teams in defining and developing software solutions. She is an expert at developing systems that will enrich lives and build business success. Her superb communication skills allow her to communicate effectively with varied personality types, whilst her total commitment to a program enables her to work on multiple complex development projects which have high customer expectations and demanding partners. On a more personal level she is committed to her own personal excellence, ethical behavior, and integrity. Right now she is looking for a suitable leadership position with an ambitious company that is going places.
ABCD Orange Inc. New York, NY (2015 – Present)
Key Initiatives and Achievements:
- Guided several departments in designing and developing projects through production stage.
- Collaborated with management teams to deliver assigned programs – Developed group and individual timelines, assessed/identified potential bottlenecks in each project/program process.
- Directed the recruitment process of key employees and the selection of consultants and outsource-vendors.
- Developed and initiated internal processes to improve program delivery within specific time frames.
- Established goals and milestones as per the desired results to be generated by the project.
- Defined the resources required for completion of a project and allocated resources accordingly.
- Managed teams working on different programs and smoothed out any areas of possible conflict.
- Evaluated the timely performance of different teams working on a project and documented the progress accordingly.
- Assisted the engineers in documenting the project designs and making changes as per needs.
- Ensured that all programs were executed within established time period and complied with the defined standards.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple concepts.
- Experience managing large highly visible programs.
- Knowledge of outsourcing methodologies and operating models.
- Experience of Network maintenance, and server installation and maintenance.
- Strong Project Management, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Highly enthusiastic with a positive and team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Project Management
- IT Systems Management
Central Birmingham University – Project Management Degree (2003 – 2007)
***This is only the program manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?