Logistics Manager Resume Sample and Required Skills
Logistics Manager Resume Sample – Logistics and distribution managers are responsible for coordinating the storage, transportation and delivery of goods. They oversee and coordinate with other departments as well as organizations to ensure stock is maintained, transported and delivered efficiently. Their main job is to organize the safe and efficient storage and distribution of goods, as well as ensure that all orders are filled correctly. Typical duties include organizing shipments through coordination of drivers, vehicles, loads and routes. Managers must be proficient in organizing information, negotiating and agreeing delivery contracts, and confirming delivery schedules. Other responsibilities include preparing documentation for regulatory bodies, coordinating with staffers, and implementing health and safety standards. Working hours may depend on the industry and type of goods. Some positions may require working evenings, overnights and weekends since goods are delivered at all hours.
Qualifications and training required
Employers prefer managers with a relevant educational qualification in distribution, logistics or transportation. Experience is not needed, but any gained during internships or previous employment can be advantageous, especially for promotion and when working in a team or with strict deadlines. Some employers may require additional management qualifications, but these can usually be earned during the course of employment in the position.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A distribution manager Resume
- Teamwork skills
- Managerial skills
- Ability to manage and motivate others
- Interpersonal skills
- Logical reasoning
- Numeracy skills
- Computer/IT skills
- Ability to plan ahead and adapt to unexpected changes/requests
- Verbal and written communication skills
Logistics Manager Resume Sample
Sherry M. Michalik
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
Logistics manager with several years of experience in various techniques of supply chain management, storage and handling of materials known to have excellent skills in time management, communication and user management.
ABC Distribution Company, Pacifica, CA (2011 to present)
- Develop logistics strategy of the company.
- Perform inspection before shipment.
- Run a fleet of vans, trucks, and buses.
- Build relationships with distribution companies.
- Be careful cost control.
- Faulty pilot program to increase efficiency.
- Ensure that logistics services in accordance with all legal requirements.
- Arrange transportation of goods from one place to another.
- Write freight expense reports for senior management.
- Book transport of preferred suppliers.
- Responsible for the budget of the original cost of logistics in the post-event reconciliation.
- Coordination of staff and monitoring their performance.
- Monitor the planned maintenance of vehicles.Ensure that all activities within the department conducted in a safe manner.
- Complete documents relating to the export of goods abroad.
XYZ Distribution Company, Sacramento, CA (2005 to 2011)
Logistics Manager/Logistics Specialist
- Planned service solutions, optimized and implemented in order to improve the efficiency of supply chains – predictability, costs and visibility
- Developed system solutions and logistics programs.
- Adopted industry best practices to identify new and unique to differentiate in the market for customers and motivate strategies of customer satisfaction.
- Provided feedback through various channels to improve customer supply chain management.
- Managed internal communication and presentation to management on performance indicators, updated programs and information programs in progress.
- Accompanied by potential risks and other important issues that require immediate solutions.
- Held meetings and discussions with clients to assess their channel and resources necessary to carry out a successful operation of distribution.
- Develop and implement continuous improvements in all logistics processes.
- Knowledge management and administrative procedures relating to the area of logistics.
- Work hard to understand customer needs, and then planned in detail to meet those needs.
- Experience organizing the transport of hazardous materials.
- Able to work under time pressure.
- Understanding the SAP system.
- Questions address the training and development of personnel.
- Capable of handling the rights of clients face.
- Having a business background.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
B.S.: Bachelor’s in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
University of New Mexico
REFERENCES: Available on request
***This is only the Logistics manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?