Esthetician Resume Sample – Estheticians (aestheticians) specialize in the beautification and health of the skin. These beauty professionals are responsible for performing a variety of facial and body techniques and practices to increase, improve, or maintain the healthy appearance of the skin. Estheticians do not diagnose or treat medical conditions or diseases of the skin; instead, their work is focused solely on skincare as it relates to general health and beauty. However, their training allows them to detect skin problems that may require medical attention and they therefore often refer clients to medical professionals, such as dermatologists.
Esthetician Resume Sample, Job Description and Required Skills
Job Duties that Estheticians Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Analyze skin type in order to figure out an appropriate plan of action
- Select a procedure that best conforms to the needs of the client
- Provide education to clients regarding procedure to be performed
- Give clients an overview of the products that will be used during procedures
- Ask clients if they are allergic to any products
- Steam skin to prepare it for facial treatments
- Administer facial masques and remove blackheads
- Perform exfoliation treatments and remove blackheads and unnecessary hair
- Perform skin toning procedures
- Manage nail and hair treatments
- Perform massage therapies in accordance to clients’ needs
- Carry out chemical peels and micro-dermabrasion treatments
- Recommend home care regimes for skin, nail and hair care
- Attempt to sell the spa’s products to clients
- Escort guests to procedure rooms and sauna bath
- Prepare procedure rooms prior to each procedure
- Manage the overall inventory of products
- Ensure that all equipment used in therapies is cleaned and maintained at all times
- Take client medical history and record all information in database
- Follow up on clients through telephone and email
Esthetician Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
An experienced Esthetician who has extensive knowledge of facial treatments and hair removal methods. Karen has a successful track record of making her clients look good and feel great through her efforts. She has a professional appearance and friendly attitude toward guests, and is more than able to help men and women maintain their personal appearance and boost their self-esteem. On top of this she possesses all the Physical Skills and Certifications needed for your position, and is an expert when it comes to creating a wonderful and memorable experience for guests. Right now she is looking for a suitable position with a company that wants to recruit talented professionals.
- Introduced a topical long term solution for Eczema for clients experiencing chronic problems
- Wrote a paper on Pemphigus Vulgaris and its management through cosmetology procedures
- Concocted a home-made cream from honey and herbs now being sold under a brand name
- Trained newly hired employees as assistant estheticians for deployment to the spa’s branches across the state
ASD ESTHETICIAN (January 2014 – present)
Responsible for catering to the client’s needs, and providing professional and relaxed facial treatments to guests in accordance with accepted industry standards.
- Providing professional facial treatments including facials, body treatments, hair removal and make-up applications.
- Performing complex beauty procedures on clients.
- Greeting clients in a professional and friendly manner.
- Promoting the services of the Spa.
- Performing waxing treatments on guest.
- Removing unwanted hair from a client’s face.
- Ensuring all equipment and products are maintained and used in a proper manner.
- Recommending professional care products and services to clients.
- Building and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Offering parting wishes to all clients as they leave the spa.
- Tailoring facials to customize guest requirements.
- Administering chemical treatments.
- Giving personal attention to guests.
Central Birmingham University (Teaching Degree) – 2003 – 2007
***This is only the Esthetician resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.