Here is a sample of graphic designer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a graphic designer, and freelance graphic.
Working from customer specifications and requests, graphic designers use innovative text and images to express information and ideas in a variety of formats. They are often tasked on a contractual or project basis with designing graphics for media use in products such as magazines, labels, advertising and signage. Typical activities include coordinating with clients to determine their requirements and budget, managing customer proposals from conception through to the finished design, and advising customers concerning design style, format, production and timing. To complete projects, graphic designers will often develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, which include determining the size and arrangement of graphics and text. Graphic designers usually work normal business hours, though deadlines may make it necessary to work overtime and during off hours. Opportunities for graphic designers exist in various organizations with the need. Freelance design work is also possible, meaning a designer can work from home in their personal time.
Qualifications and training
An entry-level position typically does not require an advanced degree, though most companies would prefer someone with an educational background in a relevant field. A degree in graphic design is advantageous, although other art and design degrees are acceptable. A related postgraduate degree may be necessary for advancement into executive positions. Previous work experience and a portfolio of previous work to show employers would be beneficial. Experience can be obtained through internships and volunteer work. Employers expect a working knowledge of and expertise in design and photo-editing software.
Key Skills Should be Considered While Writing a graphic designer Resume
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Organizational approach to time, costs and deadlines
Graphic Designer Resume Sample
Marcus J. Lincoln
Strееt, Citу, Stаtе, Ziр | Phоnе, Emаil Addrеѕѕ
Experience in graphic design, working directly with clients to produce award-winning artwork. Created and produced online catalog of high-quality graphics, managing project from initial conceptualization to final publication. Designed and created graphic art for numerous magazines, journals, books, flyers, posters, and brochures always within time and budget constraints. Earned Masters of Fine Arts degree and received an award for thesis project.
- Created and produced a catalog of online graphics. Conceptualized new categories of graphics, managed contributing artists, reviewed submitted graphics, and managed project to an on-time and under budget completion.
- Increased number of graphics 30% by including animations and short movies.
- Improved quality of graphics to address customer issues and requests.
- Streamlined communication with consulting artists to ensure understanding of design specifications and timely delivery of artwork.
- Developed digital watermark embedded in images to enable tracking of online assets.
- Produced art for monthly print publications, including complex, technical drawings, multi-colored graphs and charts, and full-color photographic images. Consulted with Publisher and Editor on publication layout. Formulated graphic design specifications.
- Managed aesthetic aspects of publications to ensure quality and consistency.
- Produced award-winning art – received 3rd place in state-wide competition.
- Developed visual tool to enable editorial staff to estimate final layout while editing articles.
- Initiated online pilot publications to increase visibility and circulation.
Artistic ability – demonstrated ability to produce creative, eye-catching, award-winning graphic designs and artwork.
Client relations – can maintain customer-focus throughout development to ensure final product met and exceeded client expectations.
Project management – can work with client to develop product specifications, develop budget, and establish completion date. Implemented high-quality artwork and graphic designs that met specifications, budget, and timeline requirements.
Innovative approach – can assess industry trends, market needs, and technological improvements to invent new products or methods to create stimulating art.
Technical expertise – skilled with Adobe products: Illustrator, Photoshop, Framemaker; Macromedia products: Dreamweaver, Flash, Director, Freehand; QuarkXPress; Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
Executive Graphic Designer
Intrend Interior Design Co. (2008 – Present)
TSG Decorators (2003– 2008)
Master of Fine Arts, 2012
Central University, San Francisco, CA
Bachelor of Graphic Arts, 2002
Central University, San Francisco, CA
***This is only the graphic designer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured Image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search