Here is a sample of professional graphic artist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a graphic designer, and freelance graphic designer.
The role of a graphic Artist is important in the world of commerce in that these professionals utilize creative talents and training to communicate messages in an effective visual manner. Companies of all types utilize graphic Art solutions in numerous platforms, ranging from websites to books to packaging, displays, and adverts.
Creative flair is essential for successful applicants in this field. The job typically involves producing layouts and sketches, selecting photography and artwork, and using computer software to compile designs or create additional imagery or animation. Artists often work from a client brief and may work with clients directly in the conceptual and development stages of a project.
Successful individuals working in this role typically hold a bachelor’s degree in the field in addition to post-graduate training in specific programs and technical areas required for the trade
Graphic Artists are required to produce and bring to life client’s requirements and messages through high visual impact images and design projects. They can work for various sectors including computer games, advertising, books and magazines, websites, packaging, exhibitions, corporate identity, etc. These professionals need to use software packages related to multimedia and industry standard graphics.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Graphic Artist Resume
- Computer skills: Graphic Artists make use of specialized graphic design software for design
- Communication skills: He/she communicates information to supervisors, co-workers, subordinates, persons outside the organization in the course of doing their job. This information can be communicated in person, in writing, by e-mail or telephone call, which the designer must be able to effectively carry out
- Information generation: The Artist must have the skills to generate information from all relevant sources, such as clients, patients, and from other sources
- Analytical skills: He/she must be able to analyze how consumers will perceive the information being passed out, and be sure their client’s message is conveyed effectively
- Creativity: Graphic artists must be able to develop unique ways to communicate ideas to consumers
- Consultancy skills: He/she must be able to provide expert advice to others
- Attention to details: Graphic designers work with both text and graphics which must convey the same messages, therefore, they must be able to give attention to the minutest detail to get things right
- Deadline oriented: Most assignments come with frequent deadline, therefore the ability to meet deadlines is needed to excel on the job
- Flexibility and multitasking skills: Graphic designers must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time to be able to complete projects before their deadline is reached
- Interpretation skills: The ability to interpret an idea into arts using hand-rendering or computer software is a great skill a graphic artist should have
Graphic Artist Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Exceptionally creative and reliable Graphic Artist with sound experience designing and creating various print materials for a multitude of projects; working with various departments and many clients in the development and presentation of print materials, and taking photos at special events.
- Analytical skills
- Artistic ability
- Communication skills
- Computer skills
- Time-management skills
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
- Successfully manage and coordinate graphic design projects from concept through completion.
- Work closely with clients to create a vision, conceive designs, and consistently meet deadlines and requirements. Effectively build, motivate, and direct design and production teams.
- Coordinate freelance designers, consultants, and vendors to meet all project requirements.
- Create and conduct highly persuasive sales and marketing presentations.
- Expertly convert features to benefits to achieve client objectives.
- Manage all operational, strategic, financial, quote/bid, staffing, and administrative functions
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2002 – 2013)
- Created new design themes for marketing and collateral materials. Collaborated with creative team to design and produce computer-generated artwork for marketing and promotional materials.
- Participated in production of print and promotional items for key clients under the direction of Marketing Department.
Bachelor of Arts in Marketing, Minor in Graphic Arts, 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the graphic artist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?
- 22 Resume Examples for Art/ Design/ Media Industry
- Professional Video Editor Resume Sample
- Web Designer Resume Sample and Required Skills