Here is a sample of professional interior designer resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an interior designer, and freelance interior designer.
An interior designer evaluates and designs interior living and work spaces to make them functional, appealing and well-suited to an owner’s needs. As a designer, you must create decorative layouts for homes, office complexes, medical facilities, restaurants, stores, places of worship, airports and hotels. A job may include creating color palettes, selecting appropriate furniture, and accessorizing the space with fabrics, wall hangings, window treatments, light fixtures and flooring. An interior designer must communicate effectively with clients to make sure the design fits the owner’s style and purpose.
Interior designers use their training and talents to create spaces that suit their clients’ needs. This may involve aspects of the structure of the building, as well as choose furniture, accessories, fabrics for draperies and other design elements. A degree in interior design is required, and some states mandate licensing.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An Interior Designer Resume
- Below is a list of key qualities which employers usually expect interior designers seeking employment to possess:
- Have good listening skills to ensure instructions are comprehended fully.
- Have a good taste of style and designs.
- Strong creative ability with wide imagination to experiment things.
- Ability to draw and sketch with the hands.
- Have good temperament to deal with client’s persistence and dissatisfaction.
- Knowledge of the standards and practices of interior design.
- Information on the training of specifications and proposals for interior design work.
- Ability to provide all services to the customers.
- Able to work in group or team.
- Information on safety and building codes to make sure that interior design plan meets every essential requirement.
Interior Designer Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
To design homes, offices and restaurants for customers who want to improve the aesthetic quality of their spaces and to work for an interior design firm that can provide me with projects that yield the most lucrative returns and wherein I can showcase my skills and expertise.
- Commitment to top notch work standards
- Projects management
- Tools proficiency
- Relevant education
- Interpersonal ability
- Team worker
- Client relations
- Creative thinking
- Critical thinking
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto 2015 – Present
- Consult with clients and consider their interior design preferences in the project.
- Create interior design sketches as per the customer’s requests and requirements.
- Suggest additions or modifications for certain projects as needed.
- Supervise interior design projects to ensure that the client needs are met.
- Utilize computer applications for initial and final designs.
- Install design elements as required.
- Manage primary inventory work, make the drafting of space plans, responsible for site measurement, elevations etc.
- Do all finishing and choosing of presentation boards, specification writing, budget and other work.
- Plan budgets and make approximation.
- Do other duties related to interior designing.
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2007 – 2014)
- Met with clients and designed interiors in accordance with the client’s requirements.
- Considered the overall space of the area in the designing process.
- Created initial interior design blueprints and presented them to clients for approval.
- Oversaw the designing projects from start to finish.
- Ensured that the planned design is met with the consideration of the client’s budget and deadlines.
- Used computer applications in creating blueprints and designs for clients.
- Purchased design elements for the project.
- Designed various designs for bars and clubs in higher areas.
- Managed all the completion of contracts in a timely manner.
Bachelor’s of Science in Interior Design, 2005
University: American University, Washington, DC
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the interior designer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
**Featured image: Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?