Here is a sample of general manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a general manager, hotel general manager, general manager sales, construction general manager, general manager administration, and general manager marketing.
General management professional with over 10 years progressive experience in strategic planning, improving operational efficiency, team building and project management for hospitality industry. Able to quickly understand complex concepts, identify and solve problems, turn ideas into logical strategies, and implement systems that optimize productivity and customer satisfaction. Decrease vacancy rates and increase bottom line.
Job Duties That General Managers Should Know Before Writing Their Resume
- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses or departments concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with board members, organization officials, and staff member as necessary.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Monitor businesses and agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecats of customer demand.
General Manger Resume Sample
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone, Email Address
Proven leadership skills which develop and empower staff to achieve goals, along with a thorough understanding of the market trends are some of the qualities which should help me in making the desired contribution for the benefit of your business.
Objective : To join a reputed organization where I can utilize my 15+ years of experience in managing the major activities of the departments, leading the organization to accomplish new heights and ensure that all goals are met.
HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional ability to identify and resolve problems in timely manner.
- Proven ability to build productive teams that deliver exceptional guest service.
- Unique ability to identify and implement cost saving measures.
- 10 year track record of meeting all budget and revenue projections.
- 10 year member of the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
General Manager / SEO DAX, Miami, FL (2015 – Present)
Manage and direct all the important matters related to the business Paid attention to training, selection, and recruitment of the employees in coordination with the human resource manager.
- Work in coordination with the top level management to set up short term and long term goals.
- Assist the top level management in preparing strategies to achieve the goals and objectives.
- Motivate executives, managers and employees to devote their best to achieving the business goals.
- Ensure that all the tasks carried out by the departments are of required standards and quality.
- Make sure that recruitment and hiring procedure are conducted smoothly, without any problems.
- Ensure that the new employees get good quality training as per their area of expertise.
- Hold responsibility of managing subordinates and guiding them towards the attainment of business objectives.
Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management, University of Florida. (2006)
***This is only the general manager resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Hotel Manager Job Description Sample
- District Manager Job Description Sample
- Medical Office Manager Job Description Sample