Customer Service Representative Job Description Sample
The post of a customer service representative, is in charge of serving as the bridge between customers and companies. It entails attending to calls to assist with resolving complaints, taking orders, correcting errors, responding to inquiries, and a host of other things. If you are one who has a flair for mediating between two parties especially when there seems to be a conflict of interest, then you would do well serving as a customer service representative
The basic responsibilities of a customer service representative include:
- As has been stated above, you would be in charge of attending to the inquiries of customers and seeing to the resolution of complaints they may have.
- You may be required to serve as an interim manager, should the manager be unavailable as a result of attending to other important functions.
- You will be required to maintain detailed and accurate records of documents, customer inquiries, sales, etc., that is done in the department.
- You would be required to maintain an up to date profile on the happenings in the world and how it relates to the customer service department, to proffer the implementation of newer policies that would engender the effectiveness of the department.
- You would be responsible for taking charge of company responses via faxes, calls, and emails.
- It will be required of you to reach out to customers after patronage to determine their satisfaction with the services rendered.
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service interns efficiently, to maintain the workflow. You would likewise be in charge of recording call sessions with which you would train interns.
- It will be required of you to verify customer information for necessary record keeping.
- You would be required to work together with the customer service manager to make sure that the efficiency of the customer service keeps running.
- It will be required of you to dissuade customers from cancelling their orders, and providing alternative products or services that would resolve the dissatisfaction.
- Likewise, you will be in charge of handling product recalls and customer order cancellation.
- It will further be your responsibility to engage customers when it comes to the sale of products and service through phone calls, emails, and faxes.
- With the level of interaction that would be required of you with customers, it is highly expected that you should be proficient in interpersonal relationship, maintaining a cordial yet professional relationship with customers.
Having outlined what would be required of you as a customer service representative, here are some skills that would come in handy in such position:
- First off, your educational qualification and practical skills in handling mediation functions would be required.
- Possessing a strong persuasive acumen would come in handy. You would likewise need to hone your communication skill.
- Proficiency in multitasking would go a long way in helping you to handle the multifaceted functions of being a customer service representative.