Travel consultant job description example, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
As traveling and trips are mostly done in this part of the year, it is essential to have some consultancy in this regard. A Travel consultant is a person who can guide you through these tricky steps. He will tell you about the packages that the company offers, the areas you will travel, and the days it will take to make the trip. He will walk you through every step from booking to your departure as well.
If you are looking to hire a person for this job, have a look at the job description given below.
Travel Consultant Job Description Sample
Degree: Masters in Business Administration or Marketing
Working conditions: Has to work from office and has to travel a lot as well to handle the clients effectively
Travel Consultant Job Description – Qualifications:
- Must have an MBA or a Master degree in Business Administration or Marketing
- Must have at least three years of experience as Travel consultant for a well-known traveling agency
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills as he will have to guide the clients through every step of making the trip
- Must be confident about his knowledge on a variety of tours and have excellent communication skills through which he can negotiate with the clients
- Must have presentation and demonstration skills as he will have to present the manuals for traveling to the clients
- Must be able to meet up the deadlines as he has a target to achieve every month
- Must have creative and recruiting abilities as he will have or hire new consultants as well
- Must have excellent organizational and managerial skills while making the deal of a trip with multiple clients at a time
- Must be able to persuade the clients with his superb verbal and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in using computers as he has to make an account for every customer for their trips, tours, payments and the charges for the services they have used
Travel Consultant Job Description – Key responsibilities:
We at BookYourTicket.com are looking to hire a Travel consultant for our company. It is mostly an office based job so you will not have to travel a lot. We need a person who has experience in the field of Travel consultancy. As this post requires the person to deal the clients, we need a person who can persuade them to buy our package. He has to guide the client through the steps of the traveling package selection. He has to make sure that the client selects the package according to his need and his financial credibility. He will have to create a separate account for every client. He will be in charge of all these things on the whole.
Excellent managerial skills are a must-have for such a person. We want a person who can achieve our goals while working under the deadlines. If you think you aver all the abilities that are required by us for this job, do apply for it using our email address. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.