Marketing Assistant Resume Sample and Required Skills
A marketing assistant supports the marketing manager in planning and executing marketing campaigns for a product, company or service. The marketing assistant will usually be involved at all levels of the marketing process.
Many organisations have marketing departments, meaning that marketing executives can be found in both the private and public sectors, ranging from the financial, retailing and media industries to voluntary and public sector organisations. The responsibilities of marketing executives vary depending on the size of the organisation and sector and whether the focus is on selling a product or service, or on raising awareness of an issue that affects the public.
Marketing executives may also be known as marketing officers or coordinators.
Marketing assistants are responsible for:
- Compiling and distributing financial and statistical information such as budget spreadsheets
- Analyzing questionnaires
- Writing reports, company brochures and similar documents
- Organising and hosting presentations and customer visits
- Assisting with promotional activities
- Visiting customers/external agencies
- Helping to organised market research.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Marketing Assistant Resume
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good team-working skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical skills
- IT skills
Marketing Assistant Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
To obtain a Marketing Assistant position at XYZ organization utilizing inborn talent in marketing and ability to manage marketing plans.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of sales and marketing
- Demonstrated willingness to work with complex inter-departmental teams for brand promotions and developing marketing plans
- Hands on experience in working with agencies, marketing colleagues and compliance personnel to ensure timely and effective processing of financial promotions
- Sound understanding of marketing principles
- Great with people utilizing effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to interact with other departments diplomatically
Proficient in Microsoft Office, graphic design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Corel)
- Highly capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Understand company policies and can effectively ensure brand compliance
- Exceptional research & organizational skills
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with a capacity to learn fast
- A detail oriented person
- Effective project management skills
- Ready to contribute strategic planning by managers
- Willing and able to effectively cross-train as needed
ABCDEFGH Media Public, ABC (Marketing Assistant) (2003 – Present)
- Actively involved in developing and updating digital media.
- Assisted in preparation of printed material, writing copy, proofreading, regular newsletters, as well as editing and liaising with designers.
- Assisted marketing and media managers with general duties of administration.
- Coordinated activities with advertising agencies and various other media companies – Arranged and planned meetings and discussions.
- Performed all promotional activities: Press releases, advertisements and liaising with other venues to maximize local and regional PR opportunities.
- Developed and managed productive relationships with Press and Media leaders in coordination with PR consultant – Prepared and executed media-related plans, activities and events.
Research and Administration Work:
- Responsible for updating company website, social media presence, and media kits
- Maintained and organized office files while updating contact and mailing lists.
- Kept up to date with media trends regularly – arranged and monitored advertising responses and surveys.
- Monitored advertisement-response data; prepared presentations to company.
- Managed and monitored budget, amount spent and response received.
- Monitored ongoing press coverage.
- Responded to regular media inquiries
- Followed current competition activity while staying abreast of latest developments in relevant fields.
ABCDEFG University ,College of Business 2003 – 2006
M.B.A./M.A. in Mass Communication and Media Arts / media management / marketing
REFERENCE – Available on request.
***This is only the marketing assistant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Sample Marketing Assistant Job Description
- Entry Level Assistant Manager Resume Sample
- Sales Assistant Resume Sample and Required Skills
- 18 Resume Examples for Marketing and PR Industry