Call Center Agent Job Description Sample
The job of a call center agent seems relatively simple as it requires no difficult skills for efficiency. However, like all jobs, it does have its requirements which differentiates it from being just an ordinary job. It requires among other things, having a strong customer relations skill such that you handle customer complaints and inquiries effectively. The question to determine your ability to function as a call center agent is simply can you handle the tantrums of customers without losing your calm.
In the light of the above here are a few skills first that would be required of a call center agent to function effectively in the office:
- Proficiency in customer interactions and communication
- Proficiency in handling office equipment such as the complexities of the call system.
- Possessing a calm demeanor irrespective of the storm of incoming and outgoing calls, and in attending to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Proficiency in data entry
- Proficiency in relating with customers and colleagues.
- Capable of the basic skill of multitasking and problem-solving.
Proficiency in handling the complexities of the CRM system and its functions.
Having outlined the skills required, here are some things that would be handled by a call center agent:
- As a call center agent, you would be in charge of attending to incoming and outgoing calls in a professional manner that requires speed and patience.
- You would need to follow the laid down procedures of attending to customer complaints and inquiries.
- You would take charge of identifying customer needs and proffering solution. This requires basic analytical skills as the customers may not be able to give concise and accurate description of their problem which needs solving.
- As it has been said that you would need the basic analytical skill, it is in this wise that you would be required to pay attention to details of customer complaints and inquiries such that you can seize opportunities to promote company products and packages in resolving customer needs.
- You would be in charge of keeping records of call conversations to train future interns, and also noting down generic situations customers face, to implement better policies as regards such prevailing situations.
- You would be tasked with the responsibility of maintaining stable relationships with customers and reaching out to them at timed intervals to ensure that they are content with the service provided by the company. This would aid in customer retention.
- You will have to attend various educational conferences and seminars on call center functions, to increase your knowledge and improve the effectiveness of your functionality in the company.
- You will be tasked with periodically informing new and old customers about latest policy implementation by the company for better customer service. This gives your customers a sense of security knowing that the company is accountable and trustworthy.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of the office equipment and report malfunctions promptly.
Note that your educational qualification is paramount as well as your experience. This will be the determiner of you getting the job.