Here is a sample of caregiver resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a caregiver.
As a caregiver, you will find out that your duties are varied. Those will illnesses will require someone to care for them who has medical knowledge and experience, but in a majority of cases, you are on hand to ensure that they live a comfortable life, ensuring that their needs are taken care of. This includes basic bathing, dressing and grooming each day.
In addition to this, you may find that your patient isn’t very mobile and needs assistance getting around the home, you may even have to accompany them to the bathroom. Now no adult wants to end up in this situation, so expect some resistance from the patient to start. As your experience grows, you will learn how to handle these caregiver jobs with understanding and empathy.
Most patients as they are younger or starts to get older tend to get be forgetful, you will need to ensure they take any medication on time each day. You may also be responsible for preparing and ensuring they eat all their meals, this is very important to keep their health high and ensure they are getting the nutrients they need on a daily basis.
Often taking on the role of caregiver for an elderly patients also requires you keep their home in order. This may require some basic cleaning, bed making and dish washing. It will also include various errands, which you may and may not be able to take your patient with you. Remember because a patient is elderly doesn’t mean they have to be kept inside the home all day and night, they enjoy going out, experiencing life so even if you just have to run to the shop and purchase a few items, taking them with can get them out in the fresh air and out of the house for a period of time. One of the most important things you will do when choosing a caregiver job for patient is to provide companionship. Many need companionship with a few additional duties thrown in between. Spending time talking, taking them out and arranging daily activities is a very important part of this job that can be rewarding, enjoyable and fun.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Caregiver Resume
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Among the many CNA skills, strong communication skills are one of the most important.
- Astute observation skills.
- Ability to follow set rules and protocol.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Empathy and compassion.
Caregiver Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Dedicated Caregiver experienced in working with disable patients. Committed to improving overall patient well being and health through personal care and energetic engagement. Skilled in assisting patient with daily living.
- Schedule Management
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Meal preparation
- Doctor’s visit
- Mobility assistance.
- Medication administration
- Grooming and bathing assistance
- Personal care
- Fit and able to move patient
- Calm and level-head under duress
XYZ HEART HEALTH SERVICES – NEW CITY LAND, CA (20xx – Present)
- Prepare meals and keep kitchen, bathroom and living areas clean.
- Launder clothing and bedding and change linens.
- Groom and bathe patients as needed.
- Arrange medications for use and organise supplies. Drive clients to appointment, pick up medicines and sort mail.
- Manage patient schedules including doctor’s visits.
- Run errands and completed grocery shopping.
- Keep patient living environment clean, neat and free of safety hazards.
ABC PRIVATE HOME SERVICES – NEW CITY LAND, CA (20xx – 20xx)
- Followed patient care plans and observed patient behaviors.
- Helped patients complete therapy and exercise activities.
- Assisted patient with daily living activities including personal grooming.
- Bathed immobile patient and helped mobile patient into showers.
- Completed light housekeeping duties including changing bedding.
- Laid out medications according to schedule.
- Engaged patients in activities such as walks and easy games.
UNIVERSITY OF XYZ (20xx – 20xx)
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
REFERENCE – Available upon Request
***This is only the Caregiver resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Caregiver Job Description Sample
- Appealing Caregiver Cover letter Sample
- Nurse Manager Job Description Sample
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search