Here is a sample of paramedic resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume format can be also utilized for a paramedic.
- National Registry Paramedic Prep: Practice + Proven Strategies (Kaplan Test Prep)
- Paramedic Care: Principles & Practice, Vols. 1-5 (5th Edition)
- Paramedic Crash Course with Online Practice Test
If you ever wanted a pulse-pounding career where every second counted, you should consider a job as a paramedic. Everyone knows, from television or the movies, that being a paramedic is hard work. Life and death decisions could be made on the spot as patients are being rushed to a hospital. Yet the profession of a paramedic is also immensely rewarding, both personally and financially.
Investing toward a quality education through a paramedic school is required to become a paramedic. EMT paramedics must train at least one full year, often up to two years, in order to become fully certified to work as a licensed EMT paramedic. Paramedic school and EMT training offer more than just basic first aid knowledge. Students will learn everything from anatomy, life support, disease control, and technical knowledge for all the equipment used in the ambulance. Psychological counseling and defensive driving skills are also part of a curriculum for EMT training.
It is important to keep in mind that employers do not consider EMT training certification enough to be employed as a paramedic. Basic certification is often only a few courses over a short time, often as little as six months. To become nationally certified one needs to be enrolled in a two-year paramedic school program and regularly pass evaluation tests. However, certification is a good way to start one’s career as a paramedic or in the medical field.
The more EMT training and experience a student completes, the higher potential for increased income and secure employment. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics most paramedics make around $14 an hour, with the highest 10 percent making around $23 an hour. Many paramedics also belong to a union which can provide extra benefits and labor incentives.
Because of the nature of the job, emergency medical personnel are always needed in any economy. 24 hour staff is required and paramedics often work flexible and odd hours. Companies that will hire paramedics include hospitals and fire departments, but also private companies and self-governing resorts like casinos. An EMT who needs to work at night or during a second shift can also find a workable hour within this medical field, due to flexible scheduling.
- A caring and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
- The ability to make swift decisions and stay calm
- A good level of physical fitness
- Strong navigational skills
Paramedic Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
A highly resourceful and dedicated paramedic with extensive experience handling medical emergencies. Effective works alongside other emergencies first respondents to exceed the standards for patient care. Aiming to conserve life, alleviate suffering, promote health and administrative compassion as a part-time or per diem Paramedic provider.
- Advance pre-hospital emergency care
- Superior decision-making in emergency situation
- Addressing medical need quickly and accurately
- Using and testing rescue and medical equipment
- Ambulance driving experience with zero accident
- Knowledge of BLS and ALS procedures and patient care
- Strong written and oral communication, English
- Patient care documentation
ABC COLLEGE, CLEVELAND, OHIO (20xx – Present)
- Provide timely patient service, life support and ambulatory care to extremely ill and injured patients, employing basic and advance abilities and techniques for various medical emergencies. Consistently institute best practice and appropriate emergency therapy needed to save lives.
- Supervise the tour operations of this top-flight EMS unit with a fleet of 15 ambulances assigned to a territory spanning a high-traffic route from Area to Area.
- Work tightly with fire officers as a part of a unified command structure to provide emergency care resources.
- Supervise in the extrication of victims trapped in vehicles, elevators and other confined areas.
- Additional clinical time at the county medical examiner office and Suffolk county.
ABC PRIVATE AMBULANCE, CLEVELAND, OHIO (20xx – 20xx)
- Responded to dispatch emergency assignments safety. Rapidly performed basic and advance patient assessments to determine patient/victim condition and take immediate medical action. Administered infusions, medication and intubation. Applied knowledge and always demonstrated high standards.
- Provided patient care across 181 beds facilities and assist patients in all activities of daily living.
- Supervised entire facility and 10 employees as a shift supervisor for two years.
- Administered medications and communicated directly with physicians regarding patient care, document and chart patient information,observed patient behavior and provided grooming and bathing assistance.
Nuneaton University 20XX – 20XX
BSc (Hons) Paramedic Practice
REFERENCE – Available upon request
***This is only the Paramedic resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?