Here is a sample of janitor resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
Janitors, housekeepers and custodians are usually required in schools, government buildings, hospitals, businesses and hotels to keep them clean, safe and organized. They are responsible for performing overall cleaning and maintenance of assigned area. Exact tasks of a janitor are not definite, for that reason, these professionals must be flexible in performing assigned duties.
Job Duties of Janitors
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers, and clear debris from grounds.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Spray insecticides and fumigants to prevent insect and rodent infestation.
A Sample of Janitor Resume
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Quick working janitor capable of looking after timely cleaning and maintenance of office premises, including washing the floor, cleaning windows, dusting, polishing and trash removal.
- Conducting minor repairs to lights and electrical equipment.
- Efficient with cleaning tools and equipment.
- General maintenance work.
- Hardworking and attention to the smallest of details
- Good communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple cleaning tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to work with other crew members
- Able to perform all physical aspects of the janitorial job
- Record of cleaning up to 1500 square feet per hour.
The ABCF Whistler, AB (May 2016 – Present)
Responsible for the sanitation of all front of house areas
- Maintain the uppermost standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Enthusiastically take part in the Chateau Whistler Resort’s environmental program and department detailed initiatives in working towards sustainable operations.
- Fulfill with hotel policies, procedures, and code of ethics.
- Carry out any and all additional tasks which are assigned by management.
- Vigorously involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
AAAA– Albuquerque, NM (Jan 2010 – May 2014)
- Provided custodial support under the direction of the housekeeping supervisor.
- Cared, maintained, and cleaned assigned facilities.
- Cleaned and sanitized restrooms and their related fixtures.
- Swept, dusted, vacuumed and polished floors and equipment.
- Emptied, cleaned and sanitized waste containers.
- Identified and reported building maintenance requirements.
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Albuquerque, (NM – 2005)
***This is only the janitor resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search