Here is a sample of housekeeping resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want.
Housekeeping is a broad term that is used to define the handling of cleanliness and maintenance needs in both the domestic and commercial arena. It refers to the maintenance and upkeep of premises such as a house, hotel or a resident facility. Housekeeping also involves performing many other duties such as laundry and errands running. A hospitality environment is usually judged by its appearance; imagine checking into a hotel and discovering that the surfaces are dirty and the linen is stained! Bad housekeeping can be a total put off for customers and the chances of recurring business diminish significantly. This is the prime reason that hiring managers pay special attention to hire the housekeeping staff.
Working mostly in a commercial and domestic environments, housekeepers, housekeeping managers and housekeeping supervisors perform many challenging duties on a typical work day. It is no easy task to keep a facility spic and span throughout the day. Housekeepers perform a lot of physical work such as dusting, mopping, cleaning and doing laundry. The work of housekeeping managers and supervisors may not be physical but they also have their plate full as they are responsible for ensuring that all housekeeping duties are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
Some Responsibilities of Housekeeping
- Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors
- Vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies
- Shampoo carpets, rugs and upholstery
- Dust and polish furniture and fittings
- Clean metal fixtures and fittings
- Empty and clean trash containers
- Dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
- Wipe down glass surfaces
- Make up beds and change linens as required
- Tidy up rooms
- Wash windows as scheduled
- Sort, wash, load and unload laundry
- Iron and press clothing and linen
- Sort, fold and put away clean laundry
- Operate mechanized cleaning equipment
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
- Monitor and report necessary domestic repairs and replacements.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
- Knowledge of cleaning sensitive materials
- Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
- Physical stamina and mobility including ability to reach, kneel and bend
- Ability to lift, push and pull required load (usually about 30lbs)
A Sample of Housekeeping Resume
Street, City, State, Zip | Phone Email Address
Hard working private housekeeper with 11 years of experience in managing household operations, including cooking, cleaning, childcare, and budgeting. Experience in providing comprehensive housekeeping services on live-in and live-out basis at families’ primary residences and vacation homes. Accomplished in fostering long-term relationships with employers and collaborating with heads of household to define and overreach housekeeping expectations. Seeking to obtain a contract with a housekeeping agency dedicated to providing excellent customer service.
- Household Management
- Child Supervision
- Pet Care
- Budget Management
- Time Management
- Event Planning
AAAA Retirement Community, Miami, FL (June 2016 – date)
- Responsible for the overall cleanliness and sanitation of the residents’ rooms, bathrooms, and common areas including scrubbing, mopping, vacuuming, polishing, dusting, windows, and using germicides.
- Monitor and maintain housekeeping supplies.
- Clean and maintain housekeeping equipment.
- Respond appropriately to resident’s special requests.
- Observe and report any potential safety hazards.
- Collect linen and assist in laundry.
- Dispose of trash and other rubbish.
- Restock toilet paper, paper towels, soaps, and other products.
- Adhere to safety and hygiene guidelines and OSHA standards.
Northeast High School, Miami, FL High School Diploma (2009)
***This is only the housekeeping resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?