IT Support Resume Sample and Required Skills
IT Support Resume Sample – IT managers are responsible for monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks of the organization. They can install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical problems and applications, either by phone or in person.
As computer support technician must have excellent communication skills and problem solving. Much of their typical workday might discuss problems and computer operations with people who might know a lot less about technology than them. You must be able to translate complex technical issues into simple terms. If you provide phone support, you should be able to understand the end-user descriptions of computer problems to solve them properly. Will have to stay calm and patient when dealing with customer’s panicked or angry computer. Depending on the size of the organization, the role of an agent of technical support may cover one or more areas of expertise.
Organizations are turning to computer systems in all areas of business and decision-making. Therefore, it is essential to ensure proper management and maintenance of appropriate computer systems.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing An IT Support Resume
- The ability to think logically
- A good memory to operating systems work and software
- Excellent listening and testing, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to determine the problem and explain the solution
- The ability to work well in a team
- Problem-solving skills
- A strong focus on the customer
- The ability to be a priority of your job
- Attention to detail
IT Support Resume Sample
Harold A. Hardy
[Street, City, State, Zip, Phone, Email]
Competent professional and technical IT support with seven year’s experience in a variety of office based environments. The head level and rational approach to solving leads to reliability and quick solutions to technical problems, problems of IT solutions. The ability to explain procedures in a convenient and easy to use means that many computer problems can be solved over the phone.
- Extensive experience in the problems and solutions
- Overall experience in the supply and maintenance of IT security through a large network
- Management burden and time
- Knowledge and experience of IT major operating systems
IT Support Technician – AIICO Insurance
(November 2013 – present)
Working in a busy office environment, leading the technical support team of over 150 employees.
- Be the first point of call for all computer problems.
- Attend to the fault and also managing response time.
- Diagnose and solve problems effectively.
- Maintain the overall enterprise network security.
- Ensure that all hardware is working at its optimum level with the latest updates and patches.
- Arrange the relevant work of junior officers and provide support, if needed.
IT Support Technician – Cisco Systems, Sacramento CA
(March 2010 – November 2013)
- Supported and provided direct solutions for computer problems.
- Performed diagnostic tests and maintenance of essential computer equipment.
- Explained complex IT issues to non-technical staff.
- Identified and solve problems on the computer and save them in the appropriate databases.
IT Support Assistant – Direct Line Insurance, New York City, NY
(August 2007 – March 2010)
- Installed new system for all employees.
- Provided training for all users.
- Repaired and upgraded equipment and to ensure that all computers are fully operational.
- Created and maintained an accurate database of all computer problems unresolved and resolved.
University of Illinois, IL
(2004 – 2006)
BSc (Hons) in Computing and Business
References – Available upon request.
***This is only the IT support resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples? See Top 46 Resume Examples for IT/ Technology Industry