Here is a sample of technical writer resume and writing tips – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a technical writer, pharmaceutical technical writer, and freelance technical writer.
The job of a Technical Writer involves the provision of input of various electronic and print publications and translate ambiguous scientific data into a more simple text form that will be easier to individuals with less technical knowledge.
Technical writers Work with the technical team of a company to make products easier to use and hence need fewer instructions of use. They work closely with the Project Management teams, Technical Support staffs and Product Development teams to understand the functionality of new products, and take these into technical materials in the form of a manuals, user guides, product descriptions and release note.
Some common duties of a Technical Writer are studying product samples and discussing with the product developers and designers, determining the needs of customers of technical documentation, selecting the right medium for audience or message such as online videos or manuals, performing research, organizing and writing support documents for products. A technical writer also reviews statistics, collect customer’s feedback about the product, manufacturers and product designers.
Some of the qualifications of a Technical Writer are accuracy, excellent writing skills, ability to meet deadlines, technical knowledge, multimedia skills, and creativity. A Technical Writer holds a Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalism, or English Studies
Key Skills Should be Considered While Writing a Technical Writer Resume
- Good communication skills, written and verbally
- Exceptional graphics skills
- Attention to detail
- High proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Good interviewing and listening skills
- Ability to communicate with engineers, scientists, illustrators, typists and all other technical team
Technical Writer Sample
Address and Contact Info
Analytical and result oriented Technical Writer, with broad experience in offering technical services and converting technical details into usable documentation. A well detailed Technical Writer with strong background in writing with exceptional editing and proofreading skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills. Over ten years’ experience in the technical support and documentation fields possessing great ability to work in a team, as well as independently with or without much supervision.
Notable Competencies include:
- MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Write clearly, concisely, and precisely
- MS Visio, CAD
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Learning agility
- Able to meet rigorous deadlines
- Adobe InDesign
ABC Company Austin, TX (2010 – Present)
Wrote, edited and updated technical documents such as: manuals, procedure manuals, service manuals, user guides, technical publications, programming manuals, product specs and mode of operation documents. Effectively communicated technical spec and instructions to a large audience
- Performed research works with my team.
- Understand technical issues in details by teaming with technical staffs and the production teams during the production process of products and equipment.
- Wrote practice guide through discussion with the sales marketing engineers.
- Maintained a good knowledge base by teaming with the support and development Teams.
- Researched and wrote reference data, analyzed available technical literature, compiled descriptive copies, and verified technical information with the relevant departments and teams.
Education & Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science technical majors
***This is only the technical writer resume example that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Featured Image:Designed by Freepik
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search