Here is a sample of accountant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a junior accountant.
Accountants offer financial advice and services to clients ranging from private investors to multinational companies as well as governmental entities. Accountants often specialize in particular fields such as management consultancy, taxation, assurance, or corporate finance. Accountants are usually responsible for preparing accounts and tax returns, administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditures for their organization. They may be asked to audit finances, compile and present reports, budgets, and business plans, or analyze financial statements. When an organization negotiates business deals, accountants may be tasked with reviewing financial records and documents. Work is usually office based with working hours beyond the regular “nine to five”, especially during the tax reporting season. Accountants are typically employed by private or professional financial firms, industrial organizations, and other private sector firms, in addition to public sector firms and governmental agencies. The advanced study of relevant subjects such as accounting, business or economics is advantageous since they can provide a faster route to employment with a professional accounting firm. Prior legal knowledge, especially in relation to taxation and business, may be beneficial as well.
Skills Required for Accountant
Accountants go through a rigorous recruitment and qualification process, and this is reflected in their high professional status. Employers look for graduates with the following skills:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to consider personal work in relation to the wider consequences of financial decisions
- Business acumen and interest
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in IT/software
- Analytical ability
- Methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- High level of aptitude in numeracy
Accountant Resume Example
[Street, City, Stаtе, Zip, Phone, Email Address]
Accountant with many years of Finance and Accounting experience. Expertise in preparing financial statements, monitoring daily cash transactions, developing annual budgets, and recording all financial activity for small to medium sized businesses. Recruited and trained a professional team of financial staffers with a strong background in Finance and Accounting methodologies and practices.
- Problem Solving – Assessed existing fiscal procedures, identified and implemented improvements to strengthen the financial health of the business.
- Management by Mentoring – Active motivator, supervisor and trainer, committed to the growth of individuals and the success of the company.
- Fiscal Communications – Experienced presenting fiscal information to senior management and documenting financial policies and procedures.
- Independent Operations – Served as sole financial professional for several small businesses. Maintained financial schedules and ensured quality reports and analyses.
- Computer Expertise – QuickBooks, ADP Payroll, MS Word, Excel, and Access.
Longman Securities, Ltd., Los Angeles, CA (1997 – Present)
- Supervise Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Department, as well as providing training to develop and enhance quality customer relations. Ensure and maintain ethical accounting practices by:
- Developing and implementing comprehensive annual budgets, and providing accurate as well as timely monthly reports to control budget overrun
- Manage Accounts Receivable and Billing staff, provide training to ensure consistent quality, and address employee concerns
Johnson and Johnson Associates, Stockton, CA (1995 – 1997)
- Assisted Accounting Manager in daily financial processing, including monitoring of payroll data, cash receipts, billing, disbursements, expense accounting, and deposits.
- Implemented and monitored automated payroll, resulting in a 24% reduction in cost and 62% decrease in processing errors.
- Streamlined system for preparing Bank Deposits and Bank Reconciliations, reducing the delay in depositing by 2 days while increasing interest earnings.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, 1994
City University, Barstow, CA
REFERENCES – Available upon request.
***This is only the Accountant resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?