Web Designer Resume Sample and Required Skills
Web Designer Resume Sample – Web designers plan, create and code web pages, using both non-technical and technical skills to produce websites that fit the customer’s requirements.
They are involved in the technical and graphical aspects of pages, producing not just the look of the website, but determining how it works as well. Web designers might also be responsible for the maintenance of an existing site.
The term web developer is sometimes used interchangeably with a web designer, but this can be confusing. Web developing is a more specialist role, focusing on the back-end development of a website and will incorporate, among other things, the creation of highly complex search functions.
The recent growth in touchscreen phones and tablet devices has dictated a new way of designing websites, with the web designer needing to ensure that web pages are responsive no matter what type of device a viewer is using. Therefore the need to test websites at different stages of design, on a variety of different devices, has become an important aspect of the job.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Web Designer Resume
You will need to show evidence of the following soft and technical skills.
The soft skills required include:
- Attention to detail
- Team leading
- Delivering presentations
- Ability to teach yourself new technical skills
- Communication skills
Employers prefer a combination of technical skills from each of the categories below, however, this will vary depending on the employer, the level of the job and the technical level of web design:
- Programming: .net; XML/XSLT; ASP; PHP; Python.
- Design and graphics: InDesign; Illustrator; Photoshop; Fireworks; Flash.
- Content management system (CMS): WordPress; Adobe Business Catalyst; Drupal; Ektron; Zope.
Wеb Designer Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Web programmer with 15 years’ experience, looking to secure a position that will put to use strong/extensive experience and excitement in the field of programming, in order to develop and optimize web applications as per the needs of the clients.
- Digital media production
- Graphic design
- Information technology
- Multimedia web design
- Software engineering
- Web design
- Web Graphic Design
- Web Savvy
- Web User Interface Design
- Web Programming Skills
- Multimedia Content Development
- Understanding Browser Capabilities
- Internet Presence
- Verbal Communication
ABC Co., Ltd. Toronto (2015 – Present)
Senior Web Designer
- Develop site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Develop site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, banners, audio enhancements, etc.
- Prepare the site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Establish capability by registering with search engines.
- Upgrade site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Protect site by designing and installing security precautions.
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
ABC Co., Ltd., New York, NY (20XX – 20XX)
- Updated job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provided information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Kept equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performed preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Accomplished information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science, 2011
University of Minnesota
Bachelor – Information Technology, 2008
University of Minnesota
REFERENCES – Available upon request
***This is only the web designer resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon