Here is a sample of VP sales resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a VP global sales, director of sales, VP business development, and vice president resume.
Some Responsibilities that VP Sales Should Know Before writing Their Resume
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement possibly more important than the first item on this list
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage the use of budgets
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Hire and develop sales staff
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sale force that top sales people want to join
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
VP Sales Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
A charismatic and energetic sales with a proven track record of consistently winning high levels of business within a competitive market place. Able to quickly establish credibility with senior decision makers in a wide range of business contexts, all with the aim of helping to grown the company brand and market share. Having a first rate track record of performance and commitment as well as being able to deliver business value to the sales operation and customer, Richard is currently looking for a challenging sales director role where he can provide direction for the business and achieve his full potential.
MAXYA,San Fr, CA (2006 – Present)
Director/VP of Sales & Brand Marketing
Developed and deployed quarterly and annual plans, programs and policies for company sales managers – Was behind all cross-company sales objectives, such as budgets preparation and sales targets.
- Carried out analyses of statistics to determine potential growth, designed sales performance goals and monitored performance on a regular basis.
- Coordinated sales with other company sales divisions.
- Supervised sales and marketing manpower as well as the hiring and training of personnel.
- Consistently integrated plans with available processes, procedures, IT systems and others.
- Designed successful sales techniques/strategies/tactics from customer and market feedback.
- Analyzed client list for growth opportunities, personally researched and supervised new sales prospects.
- Supervised performance of company’s sales unit (staff, account and regional managers)
- Successfully designed training programs which cut costs by (X)%.
- Managed all potential sales opportunities including distribution strategies, reseller agreements and product segmentation.
- Accomplished and exceeded volume and profit goals by nurturing partnerships with existing customers.
- Initiated internal brand-identity communication.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABCDS UNIVERSITY ASDFTY, MA (2004-2006)
(Executive Certifications, Business Administration and Management, General)
CAF STATE POLY TECHNIC UNIVERSITY (1988-1990)
(BS, Marketing-Emphasis in Product & Brand Management)
REFERENCES -Available on request.
***This is only the VP sales resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search