Here is a sample of VP sales resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a VP global sales, director of sales, VP business development, and vice president resume.
Some Responsibilities that VP Sales Should Know Before writing Their Resume
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement possibly more important than the first item on this list
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage the use of budgets
- Define optimal sales force structure
- Hire and develop sales staff
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sale force that top sales people want to join
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing function to establish successful support, channel and partner programs
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
VP Sales Resume Sample
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
A charismatic and energetic sales with a proven track record of consistently winning high levels of business within a competitive market place. Able to quickly establish credibility with senior decision makers in a wide range of business contexts, all with the aim of helping to grown the company brand and market share. Having a first rate track record of performance and commitment as well as being able to deliver business value to the sales operation and customer, Richard is currently looking for a challenging sales director role where he can provide direction for the business and achieve his full potential.
MAXYA,San Fr, CA (2006 – Present)
Director/VP of Sales & Brand Marketing
Developed and deployed quarterly and annual plans, programs and policies for company sales managers – Was behind all cross-company sales objectives, such as budgets preparation and sales targets.
- Carried out analyses of statistics to determine potential growth, designed sales performance goals and monitored performance on a regular basis.
- Coordinated sales with other company sales divisions.
- Supervised sales and marketing manpower as well as the hiring and training of personnel.
- Consistently integrated plans with available processes, procedures, IT systems and others.
- Designed successful sales techniques/strategies/tactics from customer and market feedback.
- Analyzed client list for growth opportunities, personally researched and supervised new sales prospects.
- Supervised performance of company’s sales unit (staff, account and regional managers)
- Successfully designed training programs which cut costs by (X)%.
- Managed all potential sales opportunities including distribution strategies, reseller agreements and product segmentation.
- Accomplished and exceeded volume and profit goals by nurturing partnerships with existing customers.
- Initiated internal brand-identity communication.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
ABCDS UNIVERSITY ASDFTY, MA (2004-2006)
(Executive Certifications, Business Administration and Management, General)
CAF STATE POLY TECHNIC UNIVERSITY (1988-1990)
(BS, Marketing-Emphasis in Product & Brand Management)
REFERENCES -Available on request.
***This is only the VP sales resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?