Here is a sample of travel agent resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a travel agent owner, travel agent
travel agency accountant, and entertainment travel agent.
Traveling on vacation spot need planning. You can not pack a bag and go to the destination. This is where the services and expertise of travel agents are useful. These travel agencies help families, solo travelers, groups and businesses to select the appropriate location and management of flights, accommodation, tourism and adventure activities to customers. Working with clients, understand their purpose and the idea of traveling, and provide detailed information about places to visit, things to bring, weather, visa, etc. These travel agencies are to coordinate with airlines, cruise lines, hotels, resorts and car rental agencies agree the needs for traveling. In their study, and they choose the safest destination for its customers.
travel agents are responsible for the coordination of international and national travel reservations for airlines, hotels and other needs.
They are also responsible for the preparation and issuance of bills relating to the sale and travel retail companies are doing the reservation systems and automated ticketing.
Travel Agent evaluates individual travel needs and recommended various offers. They make travel arrangements based on the needs and requirements of its customers. They may specialize in a business trip or special leisure or both.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Travel Agent Resume
- Excellent communication skills
- Diplomacy and tact
- Innovation and energy with the desire to encourage others
- A commitment to managing people
- Good mind with attention to detail
- Competent computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Resistance to cope with long-time and pressure at the top of hours
- The real interest in travel.
Travel Agent Resume Sample
Paul A. Cerna
[Street, City, Stаtе, Zip, Phone, Email]
Professional success boosted and enthusiastic with over six year’s experience in the travel agency tours and business trips. An excellent reputation in dealing with competition in a team environment. A strong sense of urgency and flexibility to change and adapt as desired. Excellent ability to multitask during peak season and anticipate customer needs refined listening skills. Versed in providing technical assistance and support to clients who use the company’s travel reservation system. Knowledge of best practices within the tourism industry and support a lot of experience in flight bookings.
Summary of Skills:
- Excellent experience in working with hotels, resorts, cruise ships and airlines around the world
- Strong knowledge of the tourist destinations in the world and the necessary travel documents
- Strong passion for travel, adventure and the best travel experience for people
- Effective communication skills, interpersonal and management of data
- High commitment to customer service with impressive skills to fulfill their desire to travel
- Competition with computer reservation systems and working alone
ABC Travel, Inc., Pembroke, GA
October 2013 – Present
- Meet and talk with clients about their trips and help with information about tourist destinations.
- Help to improve the monthly sales and customer database.
- Operate the air flights, rental cars, resorts and hotel reservations to the budget and needs of clients.
- Make reservations for the trip as a journey software and keep electronic files.
- Provide detailed information to users on the required documents, the time and things to wear.
- Plan and sell vacation packages to customers and sales promotion.
Travel Consortium Ltd., Pembroke, GA
February 2009 – September 2013
- Worked with clients and provided a safe and efficient travel plan.
- Made available travel and accommodation for customers.
- Suggested customers to select the best package in the hotels and resorts.
- Organized and provided arrangements for business and leisure travelers.
- Offered a special discount to guests who travel out of season.
- Managed payments from customer’s reservations and processing system.
Bachelor’s Degree in Tours and Travel
ABC University, Pembroke, GA
Reference: Available on request.
***This is only the Travel agent resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?