Here is a sample of engaging teaching assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a teaching assistant, graduate teaching assistant, preschool teacher assistant, and kindergarten teacher assistant.
Teaching Assistant provides support to teachers and students in the school environment. Teaching Assistant (TA) helps teachers in schools, and they can help teachers and students with teaching duties. Types of teaching assistants (TA) include graduate students (GTA) and Graduate Assistants (ESSP).
As a Teaching Assistant (TA), you need an interest in education, patient, non-judgmental attitude and passion to see young people succeed
Support activities in schools and kindergartens learning. They can work with individual students or groups.
Such as technical assistance will support the students through a variety of skills and take on tasks during free time, and also how to prepare the classroom.
Some Teaching Assistant work exclusively with students with special educational needs (SEN) or other special needs.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Teaching Assistant Resume
- A professional attitude towards work
- Highly considering the safety and welfare of students
- A positive approach in working with children and ability to motivate, encourage and create links
- Respect for diversity and will work with students from different backgrounds
- Excellent teamwork as you work with support staff, teachers and other professionals such as educational psychologists, speech and language, social workers, parents, careers and outside agencies
- Good organizational skills and ability to work flexibly
- Fluency in the language of the local community can be an advantage in the papers that support English as an additional language (EAL), although this is not essential
- The willingness to stick to the policy of education and training related to their role
Teaching Assistant Resume Sample
Herbert M. Dean
(Address, Contact Info)
Dedicated Teaching Assistant with a remarkable dedication to the learning experience of children and their development.
Teaching Job Ready – Love and compassionate towards children, but effectively implement discipline if necessary – Set a positive example of behavior, dress, and attendance. Bring commitment and passion for the development of children learning to work to improve children’s learning experience.
Summary of Skills
- Experience in working with children and help teachers
- A high level of patience and love for teaching children
- Excellent ability to understand child psychology and teaching materials plan
- Ability to develop learning activities and entertainment for children
- Ability to coordinate with teachers and school staff
- Comfortable in the maintenance and management of parent meetings
ABC Preschool, Friend, NE
September 2013 – Present
- Supervising the children during classes, lunch, breaks and hours of sport.
- Helping teachers to review and develop educational materials.
- Helping children learn to read, write and speak English.
- Planning and implementation of educational games and crafts for children.
- Organizing of school trips with parental consent.
St. Mary’s School, Reno, NV
June 2007 – August 2013
- Classroom support, if necessary, by the teacher – to help create a learning environment that includes group work and individual activities: Some activities, large and small.
- Assisted teachers develop lesson plans, support materials, and design activities calendar/day plan based on the monthly program.
- Helped observe/assess progress and behavior of students – kept records and consulted education experts to refine the method.
- Performed basic administrative tasks.
- Assumed the role of the teacher in the classroom whenever it is necessary and attend meetings.
- Helped students individually outside the classroom and during hours outside the classroom.
- Strengthened the positive interaction between students and appropriate behavior – to promote sociability, independence, responsibility and accountability.
- Kept in touch with parents with regard to progress, health and adjustment of the child in the classroom.
- Gave individual attention to students with special needs.
- Maintained a healthy relationship with students and parents through effective and comprehensive communication.
Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
Michigan state University, Liston, MI
Reference: Available on request.
***This is only the teaching assistant resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?