Here is a sample of teacher assistant resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a teacher assistant, preschool teacher assistant, kindergarten teacher assistant, and daycare teacher assistant.
Teacher assistants work with teacher’s school/class to provide educational and non-educational support. They can do nothing to keep student records and updates the display board in the management of audio-visual materials and the actual teaching. They reported and meet the requirements of the class teacher or the school administration and participate in the preparation and implementation of activities in the classroom.
As a professional Teacher Assistant, you provide support for K-12 educators. This support includes instruction (their education), securities (such as sorting), and sometimes things like lesson planning.
To succeed in this job, you know what the children like. Not necessarily all of the children, or at least the age group that is followed. This can be particularly challenging for those who help teachers in the school because nobody likes to 7th grade. About 40 percent of teacher assistants work part time, and almost all the works of the traditional school year, nine or ten months.
Skills Required for Teacher Assistant
- Experience in working with children
- Must have a basic knowledge of how children develop in education and learn
- Must be flexible and also creative
- Proven ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Good reading, writing and arithmetic,
- Patience and a sense of humor
- The ability to manage a group of children and to deal with difficult behavior
- Excellent computer skills
Teacher Assistant Resume Example
(Address, Contact Info)
- Focused and dedicated individually with 3 + years of experience in providing effective help to guide teachers. Committed to the overall development of children from different socio-economic backgrounds. Proven skills in the management and implementation of classroom discipline. Well versed in performing all kinds of administrative tasks and secretariat.
- Experienced assistant, ready to work with children and contribute to their educational development.
- Excellent communication / interpersonal: patient and friendly with students, parents, and school staff. – Proven sensitivity, discretion, and tact to listen to the students and the teacher’s instructions.
- Organizational skills: self-organization and the student.
- Cultural sensitivity and creativity.
- Experience with intellectual disabilities.
- Excellent knowledge of English; Read, write and speak.
Looking for the role of assistant teacher with specific educational responsibilities to participate in the development process of education of children.
Assistant Teacher ABC Schools Simsbury, CT 2012 – Present
- Help the class teacher in driving greater learning experience for students in the affected area.
- Perform a variety of non-teaching assignments.
- Teach individually or in small groups.
- Manage the time of arrival and departure of students.
- Implement support and office work.
- Maintain discipline of students in teacher absences.
- Prepare teaching materials and classroom presentations.
Assistant Teacher XYZ Schools Simsbury, CT (2004 – 2012)
- Worked with school administration to support education and social development of students.
- Prepared and run school programs/classes – Implementation of the program and training materials under the guidance of the class teacher.
- Effectively with students with special needs, in cooperation with relevant experts – to help socially and emotionally challenged children to develop skills.
- Prepared posters and exhibitions of student work (drawing, writing, school newspaper).
- Prepared and made copies of study materials and learning materials and students (textbooks, pencils, notebooks and other useful) was distributed.
- Maintained a clean, neat, clean, safe, conducive to learning.
- Kept accurate records of student progress.
- Participated in staff training.
Associate’s degree in teaching, University of North Carolina, Bakersville, NC
References: Available on request
***This is only the teacher assistant resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?