Security Manager Job Description Sample
Security Managers are accountable for controlling the security operations of any organization or company. They implement security policies, rules, norms and regulations, and ensure that the organization’s environment is safe for employers and visitors. These managers must recruit new staff members and delegate tasks and duties for them. One of the main functions is to check and control the access control of people who visit the company.
The security manager also helps to protect employees and property from loss or injury. He/she is responsible for protecting the organization from any criminal or inappropriate activity. He/she is responsible for overseeing and managing the company’s security program. He/she is responsible for acting in coordination with the company’s management. The duties include personnel to prevent losses training, implementation of strategies and compliance practices, the audit of inventory control, development of various equipment, cost reduction measures and implementation of the location of anti-burglary measures.
The security officer is usually responsible for the security operations of any organization and oversees the daily functions of corporate security. One of the significant responsibilities of a security manager is to hire and train new security staff to ensure a high level of security at all times. He/she also prepares working hours for security staff. Often, they need to contact local law enforcement agencies, such as the police, provide them with information about criminal activity or even obtain information about suspects.
- Protect property and people of the company from invasion and damage.
- Provide services to ensure the security of state property and staff from injury or death, sexual abuse, harassment or intimidation and loss or damage caused by possible causes: fire, theft, embezzlement, damage or destruction, incursion, espionage or sabotage.
- Maintain and update the property prevention and loss program.
- Establish and install critical controls on communication equipment and access to assets.
- Assess incidents and determine an action plan.
- Discover the source of the security breach.
- Install security alarms around the building and perimeter.
- Report and track all incidents.
- Maintain an emergency training program.
- Patrol construction and protection from intruders.
- Control the parking operations.
- Securing event security
- Supervise and support security related to the processing of authorized personnel.
- Install CCTV.
- Install and track website keys and secure combination management plans.
- Prepare and conduct information security training.
- Develop responses to physical security.
- Manage processes to protect classified, proprietary and sensitive information.
- Install access control devices.
- Experience and certified as a security manager or the like
- Experience in using relevant technology and equipment (e.g CCTV)
- Experience in emergency intervention and planning reports
- Excellent knowledge of security protocols and procedures
- Solid budget knowledge and analysis of statistical data
- Practical knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Committed and reliable
- A high school degree or further study in security administration or a similar field will be an advantage
- Have good communication skills.
- Be in good physical condition.
- Must be well aware of the environments and security risks.
- Be competent.
- Have interpersonal skills.
- Be analytical.
- Have leadership skills.
- Be proactive.
- Have good negotiating skills.
- Be able to work with the team.