Here is a sample of school counselor resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a school counselor, elementary school counselor, and school adjustment counselor.
High school students cannot decide which college and career to choose, how to find and get financial aid, and how to plan and succeed in the future. Thanks to School Counselor who can choose the right college and build a career for them.
These School Counselor have graduated psychology, and to practice their trade. They are an excellent source of contact for any help regarding studies, personal problems, and the future.
Since the duties and responsibilities carried out a School Counselor, the application of employment must demonstrate knowledge of education, assessment, human psychology, and career opportunities.
Section experience should discuss the development of the theory of learning, helping students in planning school, assess student progress and individual and group counseling.
The position of School Counselor is one of the most respected professions in educational institutions.
Skills Required for School Counselor
- Be a good listener
- Be able to assess
- Appreciate Diversity
- Be able to coordinate
- Have a sense of humor
- Be an excellent communicator
- Be authoritative
- Have good evaluation skills.
- Be friendly
- Be well-rounded
School Counselor Resume Example
(Address, Contact Info)
Professional with extensive experience to provide detailed, implement and coordinate all aspects of counseling and orientation programs. Paid provide students with the opportunity, through development, to positive, healthy choices in life. Skilled in developing guidance individualized plans based on the assessment and evaluation of students. Proven ability to productively students, staff and community resources.
Summary of Skills:
- Professional and effective approach to understanding the problems and situations of students.
- Critical thinking and effective resolution of arising problems.
- Experience in individual and group counseling
- Experience in the development of life skills among students
- Knowledge of learning theories and their implementation
- The ability to assess student skills and provide the right direction
- Knowledge of the latest learning environments and the development of curricula
- Has high ethical, professional planning and management skills
- The ability to collect and store data for the development of student
ABC High School, Northbrook, IL
May 2011 – Present
- Develop and implement comprehensive programs of orientation for all students.
- Identify the talents of students and help them in the choice of college and career.
- Coordinate and facilitate the activities necessary for the formation of student’s personality.
- Talk with teachers, staff, and parents and to provide a supportive environment for students.
- Perform administrative tasks and introducing a sense of competence among students.
- Provide personal, social, mental and physical development of students.
- Provide help and advice to students and monitor their progress.
Catapult High School, Parkview, CA
March 2008 – April 2011
- Facilitated activities and sports education for the overall development of students.
- Revised and simplified recognition process and help students fill out forms.
- Checked proof of income of parents and helped students to receive scholarships.
- Provided shelter and transport for students after reviewing their financial history.
- Provided consulting services for parents and university career and to lead them in building the future of their children.
- Nominated a leader among students and conducted group counseling.
- Informed students about the latest federal and state funding and eligibility criteria.
Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 2007
Reference: Available on request.
***This is only the school counselor resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?