Retail manager job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
The job of a retail manager entails every important aspect of the day-to-day supervision of retail outlets. These involve the accurate sales account, staff management, stock and resources management.
Simply put; a retail manager is meant to run a store successfully, working hard to block out hitches. Working on the shop floor, he will be in constant contact with his customers and staff. This will bring him closer to the consumers who patronize the store. He is responsible for ensuring that staff members give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
Retail manager work is in high demand by both large and retail chain store. Competition is very rampant in this line of work, but professional experience in retail work, sales, and equivalent skills are highly beneficial to applicants. Bigger organizations create courses on retail profession especially during the holidays and job seekers can find short-term work openings, useful employment connections and more hidden clues in the retail occupation. Offer ‘year out’ and shorter work placements, which can provide valuable contacts and a useful insight into the profession.
An employee in this field stands a chance to enjoy huge benefits, fat salaries, mouth-watering bonuses and promotional prospects which are the element of retail management. Most times, retail chains offer the most attractive financial gratifications because this role is well respected all over the world. However, retail managers should expect transfers from one state to another. These transfers come mostly when promotions occur or after they must have been trained at the entry level.
Prospective job seekers can find employment spaces in typical stores such as chain stores, department stores, supermarkets, DIY stores and in almost all the retailer outlets in every neighborhood. Pre-tertiary school leavers can also apply for vacancies in this field.
Retail Manager Job Description Sample
Position: Retail Manager
Education: School leaving certificates, Bachelor’s degree in any field such as accounting, languages, fashion or marketing, Business studies, and management are more acceptable
Working condition: Has to work in an office and inside the store.
- Must possess a minimum of 2:2 in any Bachelor’s degree fields. Valuable academic qualifications include a degree in management, Business Studies, accounting, and marketing.
- Must possess a high level of enthusiasm.
- Must have excellent IT skills.
- Must be very good in mathematics and numerical skills.
- You will need to have strong verbal communication skills.
- You must have the spirit of a team player and teamwork
- Must have organizational
- Must be a resourceful and reliable individual.
- Must be very confident.
- You must be ready to get commercial awareness to push the success of the company you work for.
- You will be in charge of recruitment, training, supervision, and appraisal of staff.
- Responsible for budget management.
- Responsible for maintaining statistical and financial records.
- You have to deal with customer queries and complaints.
- Required to oversee pricing and stock control.
- Responsible for maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets.
- You must always encourage other staff members to work towards maximising profits for the company.
- You must ensure that there is strict compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation of promotional materials and displays.
- Required to negotiate with the head office.