Here is a sample of registered nurse resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a registered nurse.
Guides for You
- MedSurg Notes: Nurse’s Clinical Pocket Guide
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Intensive Review, Third Edition: Fast Facts and Practice Questions
A Registered Nurse (RN) is a nurse who has completed a nursing program and meet the requirements outlined by the state, country, region or similar licensing agency to obtain a license to care.
Registered Nurse or RN provides direct patient care in the unit to which it is assigned. Registered Nurse work under the supervision of the chief nurse and obliged to follow the plans that have been established for each patient. As a Registered Nurse, you May be asked to develop a plan of care following an assessment of the patient’s condition and consult with their primary care physicians.
Registered Nurse can choose in which area they want to do, such as surgery, rehabilitation, oncology, medicine, telemetry, emergency, pediatric unit or service for women cardiac care, among others. So, they have more or less the same type of work, regardless of the region they are interested, it is important to have knowledge of their area of interest, so that they can ensure the effectiveness of treatment provided.
To work as a Registered Nurse, you must be a graduate of an accredited nursing institution, as well as the acquisition of the license in the state in which you work for. You will need to be compassionate by nature and value of maintaining high patient confidentiality. Since you will work directly with patients, so it must be well-versed in managing hospital equipment, such as blood pressure monitors, glucose, and bands EKG machines.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Registered Nurse Resume
- Organizational skills
- Stress management
- warm and compassionate
- Excellent communication skills
- Dedication and patience
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Careful and attentive
- Physical and mental strength
- Judgment and Decision Making
Registered Nurse Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Registered Nurse with high performance and dedicated with over twelve years of experience in various medical inter-professional team and proven in the collective provision of the patients at the center of environment care. Committed to high standards of practice and expertise in the defense of patients’ cardiovascular care, assessment of patients, emphasizing pre and postoperative, sorting, education counseling/health of the patient and family training and management of medical staff. And it seems managers and supervisors responsible for communication, presentation, and organization of effective exceptional clinical conditions.
- Promoted through a series of positions of increasing responsibility and leadership in nursing RN, Education Coordinator, Clinical Director.
- Coordinate and manage the full range of pre- and post-operative care for patients with heart surgery and see more than 60 patients a day.
- Train and educate nurses in all new systems, testing, and documentation; Developed the first medical policy of reconciliation for office.
- Creating and monthly education and care for patients and their families about diabetes education, treatment of diseases, education,
- medicine, medical care and nutrition programs.
- Developed and monitoring of diet plans for 70 patients with long-term care center; Coordinated process protection.
Dr. ABC Clinic, Ohio City, OH
(2008 – present)
- Responsible for supervision of the nurses and other staff.
- Keeping patient monitoring records, medicines, bandages, etc.
- Providing care before and after surgery for patients.
- Managing queries and problems of patients and their families and to solve them.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining by changes in the medical unit about the prioritization and distribution.
- Communicating with patients to determine their physical and psychological needs.
- Identifying actual and potential problems of patients.
- Developing plans for treatments tailored to the needs.
- Maintaining standards of safety and precaution.
- Documenting all procedures and patient records.Cooperating with the appropriate doctor about methods for treatment.
- Providing information to patients and families on the conditions and appropriate action plans.
XYZ Health Care Clinic, Denver, CO
- Responsible for direct patient care.
- Demonstrated the proper use of equipment, knowledge of drugs and patient care injuries and their families.
- Handled regular checks, medications and reports of patients.
- provided basic protection of patients, including bathing, eating and positioning.
- Established and maintained the patients.
- Reorganized and stored supplies.
- More than ten years of experience in the field of nursing and service people.
- Successful Knowledge of medical terminology and the federal state and local laws regarding the right patient.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and use of equipment and technology.
- Energy worker with the ability to quickly adapt to the environment.
- Excellent communication and demonstration skills.
- Strong ability to solve problems and queries of patients and their families.
University of Ohio, OH
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Certified in Nursing and Caring
- Registered Nurse License from Ohio
- Practical Nursing License from Ohio
REFERENCE: Available on request
***This is only the Registered Nurse resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?