Registerred nurse job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
The duties of registered nurses vary depending on the areas of their experience. They play a key role in promoting well-being by offering a wide range of services. RN focuses primarily on the care and education of patients and their families on early recovery and ways of preventing the disease. As a result, nurses evaluate the health problems and needs of patients, develop and implement nursing plans and maintain medical records.
Registered Nurse Job Description
Functions of Registered Nurses:
- Determine the patient’s need for care by establishing a personal relationship with potential and actual patients and others who can understand the care requirements.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient independence by setting patient care goals to teach the patient, friends, and family to understand the conditions, medications and personal care skills; answer questions also.
- Ensures quality of care in accordance with therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes according to patient goals and standards of care; make or recommend the necessary adjustments; Following the philosophy and standard of care of the Department of hospitals and nurses established by the State Medical Nursing Council, the Medical Care Law and other regulations of government agencies.
- Solve the problems and needs of patients using a multidisciplinary team strategy.
- Maintain a safe and clean job by following the procedures, rules and regulations; seek assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to the rules and protocols for infection control, administration and storage procedures, and regulations on controlled substances.
- Document patient care services with patients charts and patient records.
- Maintains continuity between health teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and constant needs.
- Maintains patient trust and protects operations by maintaining the confidentiality of data.
- Guarantees the operation of equipment by meeting preventive maintenance requirements; following the manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting; request repairs; maintenance of equipment stock; to evaluate new equipment and techniques.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies by looking at inventories to determine the inventory level; anticipate the necessary materials; accommodate and speed up ordering for supplies; check stock receipt; use the equipment and materials needed to achieve professional results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship between health teams in communicating information; respond to requests to build good relationships; Participate in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to the team’s efforts to achieve the appropriate results as needed.
- Proven experience as a registered nurse
- Excellent knowledge of methods and procedures for care
- Excellent knowledge of emergency care
- Detailed knowledge of health and safety guidelines and procedures (sanitation, decontamination, etc.) and readiness to follow them at all times
- A great team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking
- Patient with excellent problem-solving skills
- A master or other degree from a nursing program
- A valid Nursing license
- Detailed knowledge of medical terminologies, evaluation, patient assessment, clinical medicine etc.
- Depthful ability to analyze, interpret and connect medical data
- Excellent communication and interaction skills with individuals
- Powerful leadership, human services, patient relationships, and supporting public relations
- Excellent communication and demonstrations skills