Look over a sample of project manager cover letter. Here are writing guides, including what to include and how to format. Feel free to copy-paste and edit for your job application.
Writing a cover letter is definitely not an easy task. You will have to be quite precise as well as you will have to explain everything in best way possible. You are required to use the best vocabulary but you will have to make sure that you use the words which have simple meaning. As far as the cover letter for a project management job is concerned, you will have to do an extensive research if you want to succeed. If you will not do the proper research then your cover letter will not sound that good.
How to Write a Project Manager Cover Letter
Some of the tips which you will have to keep in mind while preparing the cover page for project management are as follows:
- The first thing which you will have to keep in mind is that you will have to do the proper research. If you will not do the proper research then you will not get an idea about the job profile of the project management. Hence make sure that you see at least ten job descriptions before writing the cover letter. You should right down all the necessary requirements for this job. Make sure that you make the recruiter believe that you have all the required skills and hence you are the right person for this job.
- You will also have to choose the right format for this job. Let me tell you that format is the most important part of any cover letter. You should be extra cautious while selecting the format.
- Make sure that you know the name of the person who is responsible for recruitment. You will have to make sure that you know this name. After knowing, just use the official name of the person in your cover letter. This will definitely have a very good effect on the recruiter.
- In the first paragraph write about the companies name and where you heard about the job opening. Do not forget to add a line that you are applying for this post. Hence make sure that the recruiter comes to know that you are applying for the post.
- As far as the next paragraph is concerned, you will have to describe the skills which you possess and how you will be able to tackle the problems related to the post.
- After this thank the reader for spending his valuable time reading your cover letter and resume.
Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNS
Dear Mr. James,
Your company recently advertised on www.resumeextra.com website for a project manager. After reading the job description I am confident that I would be a perfect fit for this position as my experience and abilities precisely match your requirements.
Without wishing to sound boastful I feel that I come to you with a background that is unique and distinctive from other applicants. I have a long track record of skilfully planning and managing multi million rand projects, hiring and training efficient cross functional teams and generating extensive cost saving by making processes more efficient. These successes coupled with my proven ability to have prepared me well for a position at your company. My core strength include, but are not limited to the following.
- Negotiating difficult decisions with colleagues, senior manager and other third parties
- Delivering result on time, with budget and to the highest specification.
- Developing accurate and achievable project plans.
- For additional information about my capabilities please view my attached resume.
Right now I want to work for a reputable and exciting company like yours where there will be a big stage for my talents. Therefore I would welcome the chance of an interview, where we would be able to discuss in greater details the value and strength I can bring to your already successful company.
Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.
**This is only the project manager cover letter sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.