Look over a sample of office manager cover letter. Here are writing guides, including what to include and how to format. Feel free to copy-paste and edit for your job application.
An Office Manager is responsible for ensuring that an office runs smoothly. However, there are significant variations in the scope of the job, which is dependent on the nature of the business. Often they will find themselves taking on responsibilities for Human Resources functions, basic accountancy and budgeting. One aspect that makes them more senior than normal administrative staff is that they can have direct reports, usually administrative assistants and other types of clerical staff.
Office Manager roles consists of the following;
- Taking calls
- Posting with invoices to the general ledger
- Managing of Suppliers to the office
- Maintenance of the stock of office stationery and other supplies
- Booking meetings for or with clients
- Trying to control expenditure on running the office
- Ensuring that facilities are maintained
- Human Resource Responsibilities.
- Promoting enforcing regulations and initiatives (e.g. Mandatory Training)
- The maintenance of information going into databases
- Communicating with the rest of the organisation for the office.
It is required to introduce yourself to the potential employer unless you are introducing yourself personally. Also, if you are sending your resume by electronic mail or forwarding it through any of your friends, you will need to enclose a cover letter to explain yourself.
How to Write a Office Manager Cover Letter
Tips to follow:
- Follow the career and interview tips before applying for any position in the company.
- It should be directed to somebody in particular
- Do not write more than one page
- Use a good quality paper. You can use the one used for your resume
- Give brief explanation of what you offer and what you want keeping in mind what company needs
- Your cover letter should persuade the employer that you are the most deserving candidate for the position
- Write short and meaningful information about the company showing them that you know about the company
- Use action verbs and short phrases. Do not include more than four or five paragraphs
- Make your cover letter stand out by writing something special about you
The resume cover letter tips will help you to write an effective resume to accompany your job application. Your cover letter is your marketing tool and it can surely help you if written effectively.
Office Manager Cover Letter Sample
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERNS
Dear Mr. Mark,
I was excited to find your advertisement on resumeextra.com for an office manager for your new district headquarters. I couldn’t wait to submit my resume, which is enclosed for your review.
I currently serve as office manager for a busy financial services firm (ABC Company), where I supervise a team of 12 employees and coordinated all office functions. My strengths is improving office system and building a top-performing clerical team earned repeated commendations and formal recognition from the company CEO.
Your new headquarters would benefit from my administrative and managerial skills. I offer;
- Ten years of experience leading front-and-back-office administration and serving as a trusted assistant to senior executives.
- Well-honed office management skills, including hiring and supervising clerical staff; Scheduling, Calendaring, and event planning; preparing reports; administrative records management systems; and developing excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint and presentations.
- The ability to anticipate executives’ needs, follow through on all details and tactfully handle sensitive situations.
- Computer proficiency, including a solid foundation in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Access), Lotus Notes and QuickBooks.
I am confident that I would be able to organise your new headquarters to create a smooth-running office. If you agree that my qualifications and passion for your company would make me a strong addition to your team, and please call me at (555)555-5555 or mail [email protected] to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
**This is only the office manager cover letter sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search