Here is a sample of nurse manager resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for an assistant nurse manager or clinical nurse manager.
Managing a staff of nurses is a challenging career that requires nursing and managerial skills.
A nursing management career starts with being a licensed practical nurse and working your way up through years of clinical practice and advanced education.
They also participate in management training that addresses specific issues that deals with employees, behavioral standards, and handling of legal issues that is associated with the supervision of the people working in the hospital environment.
Nurse Managers or what used to be called as head nurses handle specific departments such as the intensive care unit or pediatrics.
Job Duties of Nurse Managers
- Nurse Managers are responsible for planning, organizing, and directing health services in their department to ensure that the goals and objectives are performed consistently and that the services provided to the patients is of the highest quality and standard.
- They select, mentor, motivate, and direct the development and evaluation of the staff nurses. They are responsible for establishing and keeping track of quality improvement indicators and other information that concerns the patient care and services. They ensure that resources are available in order to provide high quality service and the on-time performance that is consistent with the facility’s standards. At times, they devise educational programs that are health related for the facility’s non-professional and professional staff.
- They participate, consult and collaborate with other units and healthcare providers in developing long term plans for health care programs. They interpret and communicate policies and procedures that the agency or facility puts in place to establish areas of responsibility and assignments among departments and staff.
- They are also responsible for developing budget estimates and handle other information pertaining to financial concerns and requirements. They approve and monitor expenditures and purchases to ensure that the budget guidelines are complied to.
- They are responsible in the staff maintenance. They assign nurses to particular cases and oversee the patient care to ensure that it remains at a high standard. They are also involved in creating treatment plans for patients and to coordinate the efforts of the medical team. This is to keep everyone up to date of the progress in the medical care and condition of the patient.
Nurse Manager Skills
- Communication skills
- Managing people
- Zero tolerance for bullying
Nurse Manager Resume Example
[Street, City, State, Zip] | [Phone] [Email Address]
Exceptional health care manager with extensive education and business development skills. Successfully managed in diverse arenas including in-patent and out-patient care. Developed new programs and manage the re-engineering of multiple hospital departments. Strong problem-solving skill and background in staff development and education, working with both professional and non professional staff. Collaborate with departments besides nursing to develop solutions to ongoing challenges. Expertise in patent/nurse communication, revenue tracking and documentation.
- Staff Hiring and Management
- Patient Assessment and Treatment
- Program Creation and Leadership
- Patient and Family Education
- Clinical Supervision
- Nursing Instruction
ABC Hospital, Decatur, AL, (20xx – Present)
Director of Nursing
- Efficiently plan and implement the daily routine of OR Nurses. Supervise rooms, occupancy, equipment staff, supplies and workload to maximize efficiency and to ensure smooth operations. Review historical data regarding timelines of past nursing procedures to develop an accurate schedule. Provide monthly utilization statistics-for each function. Collaborate with other hospital departments in handling caseload.
- Achieve 98% correct wound classification by re-educating all OR nurses through a retrospective study.
- Increase scheduling efficiency, patient satisfaction and reliability of OR statistics by effectively managing OR schedule for seven surgival clinics.
- Conduct pre-deployment readiness briefs for over 300 marines in Iraq and administered smallpox vaccine.
- Actively participated in the setup and breakdown of two or more to receive Iraq combat casualties ahead of schedule within three different support areas.
- Display extraordinary innovation and troubleshooting ability; provide an atmosphere for excellent life and limb saving care for 62 surgical soldier patient within an austere field environment.
ABC Hospital, Decatur, AL, 20xx – 20xx
- Supervise staff of three providing wide range of services, such as EKGs, nenipuncture, injections, support of minor outpatient surger, pulmonary function testing and patient education. Arranged administrative operations to establish new physician within practice. Direct billing and ensure office compliance or OSHA standards.
- Reduce orthopaedic surgical ste infection by developing to resolve tourniquet-cleaning techniques.
- Promoted in 20xx from initial Nursing Supervision position in recognition of superior leadership capabilities.
- Improved efficiency and accuracy by tracking all testing done outside of office.
- Developing employee file system to track TB testing universal precautions and continuing education.
ABC UNIVERSITY (20xx – 20xx)
Bachelor of Science degree in Health Science
Concentration on Healthcare Management
REFERENCE – Available Upon Request
***This is only the Nurse manager resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?