Here is a sample of merchandiser resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume template can be also utilized for a garment merchandiser or senior merchandiser.
Nerchandiser Job Duties
Merchandisers are responsible for planning and arranging merchandise in windows, showcases, and/or on the sales floor of retail stores in a way that will best attract the attention of customers. Depending on the store, the merchandise can consist of clothes, accessories, furniture, hardware, or other items. Merchandise displayers take advantage of color, lighting, and space to optimize the appeal of their displays. In small stores, a displayer may work alone, designing the store’s overall layout and deciding how the store’s merchandise should be presented. In larger stores, several displayers may work together, sometimes under the supervision of a display director. For large store chains, displayers may work in corporate headquarters, collaborating with corporate marketer’s to develop display designs for the entire chain. Merchandisers generally have a stable 40-hour work week, although they can expect evening, weekend, and/or overtime work for special sales or holiday seasons. Merchandising specialists will also need to combine their analytical skills with their creative flair. They will need to know consumer behaviour when shopping for products and use this information to effectively position products in the right place and at the right time. They can also be in charge of creating eye-catching visual displays which are sure to grab the attention of potential customers.
Merchandiser Skills and Qualities
- Commercial awareness.
- Able to cope with pressure.
- Good Marketing skills
- Good teamworking and team spirit skills.
- Good Communication skills in both written and Oral aspect.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Numerical Changes
Merchandiser Resume Example
Address/ Contact Info
A customer obsessed professional who has the merchandising skills and experience needed to bring value to any company worked with and can also promote the right products, at the right time, in the right quantities. Not only had a creative thinker who can bring new ideas to life, also a profit focused individual who will always balance a customer’s needs with a company’s commercial and business goals. Also would like to join a company that values all of their staffs and gives them a competitive salaries and a wide range of reward.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Have a clear focus on high quality, performance and business profit.
- Able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard.
- Trend Spotting and direction
- Prioritizing & multitasking
- Computer proficiency
- Team building and supervision
- Numeric skills and retail math
- Strategy Planning and Implementation
- Event Planning and Promotion
- Sales and Marketing
XXX Stores, Miami, FL, 20XX – 20XX
GENERAL MERCHANDISE MANAGER: Oversee 150 stores associates and merchandising, marketing and presentation activities for a $35 million full-line retail store. Managed merchandising operations and 75 stores associates for an $11 million limited line.
- Collaborated with department managers to design and implement strategic sales plans for merchandise line.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive training to merchandise manager on systems, team building and selling.
- Earn a promotion over more experienced employees because of exceptional leadership skills and sales and profit result.
- Build key items for 12 stores across the district that produced significant sales and profits.
ABC HOUSEWARES, Miami, FL, 20xx – 20xx
- Managed the merchandise operations of a 22,000 square foot store generating $9 million in annual sales volume.
- Earned quarterly bonuses for consistently meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
- Quickly promoted to position of training manager due to exceptional management and communication skills.
- Working closely with buying team on related issues.
- Managing stock availability throughout the supply chain, from supplies to stores.
- Helping customers with any queries they may have.
- Putting together merchandising plans for specific stores.
Nuneaton University 20xx – 20xx
BSc (Hons) Sales Management
References – Available on Request
***This is only the merchandiser resume that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
>>>Recommended >>>> Merchandiser Job Description
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search