Merchandiser job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
Merchandiser is a vital job that requires optimum dedication of the person in charge. It involves strategic planning and marketing acumen needed to devise an efficient method that will enable a company to sell a range of products produced and meet its sales and profit targets while delivering quality services. A Merchandiser must be smart and friendly with buyers to ensure that they are satisfied with the products churned out by the company.
This is a role that is vested with the responsibility of supervising the goods in the store. Merchandisers must make sure that accurate quantity of goods are kept and sold at the accurate prices placed on them. They also work hand-in-hand with the consumers to sample their opinions on the goods they buy. Merchandisers arrange meetings with other merchandisers, distributors, suppliers and product analysts to decide on product ranges and deliberate on budget management.
Merchandiser Job Description Sample
Degree: A numerate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Business Studies, and Geography. Also, an adequate retail experience will be an added advantage.
Working condition: Has to work in the office and must be around the store premises all the time.
- Must be Bachelors degree holder in Geography, mathematics, Business Studies, Statistics or Finance.
- Analytical skills in data study to recognize new fashion of operations and see potential risks and untapped opportunities.
- Must have a flair for basic Statistics.
- Good communication skills is a priority because there will be a lot of interactions with the other members of the team and internal teams from other departments, suppliers and sometimes the Managing Director will also be involved.
- Must have the ability to endure tension while under pressure.
- Must be calm and collected in any condition.
- Must be fast in thinking and efficient in meeting crazy deadlines.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software and hardware because all data, trends and figure analysis will be done with the use of EPOS information, a system commonly used within merchandising to give a report on client’s expenditure. The merchandiser may also be required to handle the store’s reporting system.
- Must possess commercial awareness in the marketplace, especially from the competitor’s end as well.
- Must be ready to study the latest economic situations to make informed decisions on behalf of the store.
- Responsible for ensuring that the accurate quantity of goods are available in the store for sale and are being sold at the correct price.
- You will be required to assess the needs of each store from time to time.
- Required to work hand-in-hand with buyers and other merchandisers to plan product ranges.
- Responsible for the arrangement of meetings with suppliers, distributors, and analysts to discuss budget management.
- Responsible for sales and profits predictions through effective marketing strategies.
- Required to negotiate quantities and delivery time-scales.
- Supervision and training of junior
- Responsible for managing levels and distribution of stock.
- You must be able to handle supply/production problems as they come.
- Responsible for setting stock promotions/price reductions as appropriate.
- You must be available to make financial presentations to senior managers from time to time.
- You will need to assess sales performance of different ranges.