Marketing Manager Resume Example and Required Skills
Marketing professionals are tasked with directing marketing strategies that guide promotional activities and sales relationships between advertisers and the targeted population of consumers. Contact is typically made via communications media such as TV, radio and printed material. Email, social media, the internet, telemarketing, direct mail, or advertising campaigns are also employed. Marketers are responsible for consulting clients about campaign requirements and objectives, formulating strategies and passing on proposals. Such tasks include agreeing to timescales and budgets, hiring and supervising staff as well as monitoring work progress. Marketers are held accountable to their clients through writing reports, analyzing, interpreting and presenting results, and delivering ideas and final products to clients for review.
Qualifications and training required
Any university degree discipline is acceptable for marketing work, although some employers prefer an educational background in social or behavioral science, business, management, marketing, or public relations. Command of a second or multiple languages other than a native tongue can also be an asset. A number of institutions offer postgraduate marketing qualifications, which can be advantageous. Relevant experience gained within direct marketing or commercial areas such as retail, sales and marketing can also be beneficial. The work offers a degree of responsibility and excellent opportunities for promotion into consultancy or senior managerial positions. Set deadlines require the ability to work under pressure, which for some people creates excitement in the working day.
Key Skills Should Be Considered While Writing A Marketing Manager Resume
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Numerical skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Creativity/ innovation
- Intuition into others’ preferences
Marketing Director Resume Example
Address, Contact Info.
Marketing executive with experience developing and delivering effective marketing campaigns to support products in a wide variety of categories. Range of expertise includes packaging, print media, radio, television, and Web-based promotions. Recognized for expanding products into new markets to achieve sales growth. Ability to develop, train, and lead marketing teams to manage all aspects of the product life cycle.
DARLING and Associates, Los Angeles, CA (2009 – Present)
Direct all marketing activities for electronic game software publisher, including product packaging, advertising campaigns, product rollouts, store placement, endorsements, media activity, product reviews, and Web site referrals. Manage a team of 10 marketing personnel including product, communication, and public relations managers.
- Analyzed the comparative effectiveness of advertising strategies to determine most effective strategy for each type of game.
- Expanded advertising strategy to international markets, realizing a phenomenal 250% growth in sales.
- Served as liaison with game producers, providing market feedback on product features and usability as well as recommendations for new games.
- Created and implemented a print and media campaign that increased sales by 32% in a 6-month period.
- Supervised collateral and print production processes from initial concept to completion.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing), 1993
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
- Successful track record of converting new or unknown products into branded market leaders.
- Create and maintain strong relationships with clients, associates, and external contacts.
- Create, develop, and implement award-winning programs, strategies, and sales tools from concept to completion, resulting in greater team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop innovative and targeted collateral to support overall branding objectives, with specific expertise in Web site advertising.
- Develop strategic alliances and business partnerships on both a local and global level. Maintain an extensive network of industry contacts.
- Digital Designing, Photo and Video Editing
- In depth knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Proficient in both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems
***This is only the marketing director resume example that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.
Want more samples?
- Marketing Director Job Description Sample
- Director Of Operations Job Description Sample
- Entry Level Marketing Coordinator Resume Sample
- Director of Operations Resume Sample