Here is a sample of machinist resume – Feel free to copy-paste and adapt it to build your resume to apply for the job you want. The following resume layout can be also utilized for a machine operator, CNC machinist, conventional machinist, and CNC programmer.
A machinist is somebody who makes or modifies metal parts with the use of machine tools. This process is known as machining. His job is to cut out excess metal parts using machine tools, much like a woodworker will carve out excess wood in his work for a smooth finish. The main goal is to produce the exact specifications in a blueprint.
A machinist works with copper, aluminum, steel and other alloys. As such, he uses many different tools in his work. A machinist toolbox is useful for him in storing all these tools together in one place. It makes it easy to carry them around from one place to another. It also makes it very easy to locate a tool he needs for a specific type of job. There is already a large number of machinist toolbox available in the market. They are available in different styles and sizes. They are also made of different materials.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control – Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Equipment Selection – Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Machinist Resume Example
[Address and Contact Info]
Self-motivated Machinist determined to produce and repair all mechanical equipment with precision and keen attention to detail. Outstanding problem solving skills focused on driving continuous improvement trough innovative ideas and methods. Accomplished in manufacturing and repairing precision parts and instruments. Process leadership skills and talent in motivating and helping teams achieve business goals and objectives.
- Fans, blowers and mixer use.
- Rotating equipment repair.
- Centrifugal pumps and compressors.
- Electric motor repair.
- Tapping and milling.
- Thread and plug gauges.
- Able to lift 125 pounds.
- Problem solving.
- Fine motor skills.
- Mathematical aptitude.
ABC MACHINE SHOP– DALLAS, TX (20xx – Present)
- Weld, heat treat and repair worn and damage equipment.
- Measure instruments to verify compliance with precise specification.
- Train, direct and instruct apprentice and helpers.
- Fabricate tools, jigs and fixture to meet manufacturing and engineering needs.
- Track shop cutting tool usage sharpen and replace cutting tools.
- Execute bench machine and hand tool work in shaping, fitting and assembling machine part from metal stock.
ABC MACHINE SHOP– DALLAS, TX (20xx – 20xx)
- Calculated and set controls to regulate machining factors like part speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut and clamping methods.
- Measured and marked dimensions and reference point accurately.
- Dismantled and inspected components and adjust and repair them as necessary.
- Made appropriate offset corrections for tool wear, broken tools and casting variations.
- Operated hand tools, drill presses, riveting machines and tap burners.
ABC TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL
Associate of Applied Science: Machine Manufacturing Technology
Hampshire, Liverpool, England
- Coursework in Blueprint Reading, Engine Lathe Operations, Manual Mill Operations, surface Grinders, CNC Fundamentals, CNC/CAD/CAM Programming, Machine Tool mathematics
REFERENCES – Available on Request
***This is only the Machinist resume sample that we present to you to build it by yourself. Good luck and get the right job soon.