Machinist Job Description
A machine needs an operator; an operator needs machines to work on, a firm, whether large or small, needs both of them to run its operations. That is why Machinists are employed to be in charge of this area of business. Machinists work on the machine and different types of tools to produce metal pieces and mini sets, and enormous amount of metal components that measure up to exact product precise forms.
Machinists produce and work with instruments. Precision is very vital when making instruments. They ensure that manufactured tools are modified and also fix faulty mechanical tools.
Machinists make use of their mechanical knowledge to sort out issues with layout, metal components, and mathematics. Industry or another field. They choose the appropriate materials needed to create customized apparatus. They go through necessary processes which include making accurate measurements, arranging the equipment to perform the mechanical work, etc. Machinists are mostly found in the oil and gas sector while a few are found in other firms.
Machinists need to have the ability to work zealously both physically and mentally. Vast technical experience with the mechanical instrument is very vital.
There are different types of machinists, but three most common ones are;
- The amateur machinists called ‘apprentice machinist.’
- Machinist II or machinist foreman, who is responsible for the supervision of other machinists.
Machinist Description Job Sample
Degree: Some level of post-secondary education at the apprentice level. An associate’s degree program will be very beneficial.
Working condition: Has to work in mechanical laboratories and office.
- Must have the ability to work resiliently both physically and mentally.
- You must have the experience and technical know-how to familiarize yourself with the instruments, and the ability to examine a tool specifications. Must also know how to assemble its pieces and activate them to action.
- Military experience with a minimum of two years is recommended as part of eligibility criteria.
- You must possess strong visual ability needed to inspect drawings, designs, and schematics. You will be required to understand the basis of procedures embedded in the equipment and produce tools as demanded by the company.
- Must be able to understand all necessary components of the tool such as pressure, a method of programming, voltage level, and other technical properties.
- Ability to read technical terms written on tools and choose the right instruments meant for a particular work is very important.
- You must not be younger than 18 years of age as of the time you send in your application.
- Minimum academic requirements are GED and a high school diploma.
- Should possess a previous career training or experience.
- Must have at least one year of mechanic-related work certification.
- Certifications in four math courses within five years are needed.
- Required to have knowledge of the programming of Mastercam experience with lathes and mills.
- Experience in the operations of small and average parts of the machine is highly valuable.
- Responsible for the repair of equipment and maintenance, by keeping them clean and well lubricated.
- Responsible for the handling of all works embarked upon and manage manufactured products.
- Required to set up CNC Mills and see to its operations.
- Responsible for all the design of products like steel, silicon, titanium, aluminum, plastic and so on.
- Ensure that the work being done is in accordance with the specifications drawn on blueprints.
- Responsible for writing technical programs.