Production operator job description sample, including tasks, skills, and responsibilities to edit to attract top candidates for your business.
Technological advancement has brought about the inventions of machines to aid human’s day-to-day hard labor in various capacities such as homes, factories, farms, and industries. However, the emergence of these machines, as easy as they have made our lives seem, have not totally replaced human beings on the field of work. On the contrary, machines have just served as man’s best companions. Without humans, machines cannot be brought to life; they cannot be utilized neither can they function. That is where machine operators come in.
Machine operators work mainly in manufacturing companies. Machine operators furnish machines to prepare them for their procedures. This furnishing stage usually involves setting management, conducting tests and systemizing all the parts in the machine to make sure that they run smoothly all through the procedural stage. When the machine is ready and good to go, a machine operator will conduct a pilot test on it to ascertain that all the inbuilt manufacturing areas are in perfect condition.
These professionals also perform the task of inputting all necessary information like shapes, sizes and speed rates into the machine for it to carry out all the embedded duties to the peak. One of the most challenging requirements for machine operators is troubleshooting. Troubleshooting can last up to 24 hours because some machines can be stubborn and prone to develop glitches at any time, resulting in a delay of a project completion. Operators are saddled with the task of supervising the hitch-free operation and running of the machines immediately after launching. This is because machines must perform what they are set up for at a specified guaranteed period without faults. When a machine has completed its work, operators tidy them up and see that they are reworked in readiness for the next job.
This is a specified role that is similar to the role of a machinist. It is also called ‘tool makers’ or ‘die makers.’ This profession is in charge of operating heavy machines and bulky machine setup to the stage of operation. Machine operators sometimes work with a computer-based instrument or complex machines made with mechanical setups to ensure that they function properly, churn out good products and work perfectly.
Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Position: Machine Operators
Education: Post-secondary school education. An associate’s degree program in mechanical engineering and technology.
Working condition: Has to work in mechanical laboratories and office.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of safety observances of machines.
- Must be physically agile and healthy combined with technical ability.
- Must possess adequate knowledge of space and good coordination.
- Must have the ability to interpret blueprints writings and have knowledge of production schematics.
- Must be able to work excellently with machines.
- Must have the ability to perform mini to substantial refixes on machinery.
- Must have ample working experience with the required machinery, past training, and certification in operating necessary
- Required to arrange machines in ways that will guarantee flawless working period.
- Vested with the duty of running a test on a machine during production procedures to secure its maximum performance when being used.
- Tidy up the machines both in and out before and after a shift is over. They also manage the sustainability of the machines,
- Required to enter important information in the setup box of the machine base on shapes, speed, and sizes.
- Required to put pieces in automated virtual
- Most times, operators align machines at the start of each changeover.
- Realign machines at the end of each changeover.
- Audit machines when procedures are ongoing to make sure that there is hitch-free operation.
- Responsible for the problems that may arise during troubleshooting of machine operation.
Guides for You...
>>> New - Amazing Resumes!
>>> Veterans Guide To Getting Federal Jobs
>>> How To Use Linkedin To Find A New Position
>>> Ultimate Guide To Job Interview Answers
>>> Guide to Job Search